For The Monday Haters

For The Monday Haters

Make a change. Be happy. Shine Bright. Stay Beautiful

6091
For The Monday Haters
hdwallpapersd

Today is Monday, the most dreaded day of the entire week. You wake up on a Monday morning wondering what form of dysfunction this week is bound to bring, and I'm sure many of you find yourself wishing it could just be Friday already. I'm writing to you today in hopes that from now on, Monday isn't your least favorite day. Instead, I hope that you are able to find the good in everyday, because everyday has the potential to be a good day.

Today, and every Monday from now, on I encourage you to wake up and keep a few very important things in mind:

1. Today is a new beginning.

Instead of dreading all the craziness life is about to throw you for the next seven days, embrace it. Make the crazy you see your own kind of crazy. Take advantage of the moments of silence in a day to reflect on all that you've done and all that you are able to do moving forward. Today is a fresh start to becoming whoever it is you wish to be in this world, one day at a time.

2. Remember to smile, even when the world gives you every reason not to.

Starting the week with nothing but a smile, no matter what may be happening in our lives, proves to everyone that nothing and no one can get in the way of our happiness. It shows that we are determined to make today a good day, and to be honest, that scares a lot of people. A smile is one of the most powerful gestures an individual may ever make. When someone has tried to harm you in some way, smile because there is no better revenge. When someone makes you happy, smile, it says more than words ever could. Smile until you can't anymore, because you never know who might be falling in love with that beautiful smile of yours.

3. Set a goal for yourself.

Now, this doesn't have to be some outrageous, out-of-this-world goal that takes forever to complete; just simply do something for yourself today that makes YOU happy - key word being you. Make a change, do a good deed, take a nap--just do something simply because you can.

4. Help Someone.

Every Monday, do something to help someone. This doesn't have to be anything like saving their life, although it could be. Find a little way to make a difference in someone else's world, and I promise it will make a difference in yours. Today--yes, on a rainy and cold Monday--I did something as simple as paying $2 for the person's coffee behind me in line, and that alone was enough to make this Monday a good Monday.

5. Be Kind.

Not only today, but every day, remember that everyone you meet in this world is fighting their own battle. We don't get to decide if what we are going through is any harder than what the person is going through, because it all hurts nonetheless. So, be kind, today and always, because someday it may be you that needs someone to be kind in return--people remember that.

6. Listen to a song that touches your soul.

Find a song that describes whatever it is that you may be going through today, good or bad, and live through it. Let it touch your soul and consume you. If it makes you cry, let it. If it makes you smile, let it. Above all else, let it remind you that you are not alone today or ever.

7. Be your own sunshine.

If you find that today is rainy or dark in some way, be your own source of sunshine. Shine bright for yourself, and shine bright for others. You never know who might need your sunshine.

8. Be grateful that you were able to wake up on another Monday, no matter how dreadful it may be.

Although it's Monday and it may be the most dreadful day of the week, take a moment today and everyday be grateful that you have been blessed with another day, because life is short, and there are people who would do anything to be in your shoes.

So, next Monday and every Monday from now until forever, let's have a good one. Let it be like any other day in your life story. Make a change. Be happy. Shine Bright. Stay Beautiful.