To The Girl Who Feels Recycled

To The Girl Who Feels Recycled

Comparison is the thief of joy.

9
To The Girl Who Feels Recycled
Courtney MacDougall

You are not alone. I know that you feel used, bruised and broken and that it just keeps happening. I have been there and am still dealing with the feeling of being recycled. Now recycled is a very strange word to use in this situation, but I feel like it's appropriate. You may have given up on finding true love and now are afraid to put yourself out there. You are scared of being hurt again, slowly and slowly losing your confidence.

I am here to tell you that you don't need to feel that way. I know it's hard, but you should never let a boy determine your self-worth. I know that this is easier said than done and I am 100% preaching to myself here. It is so easy for us ladies to fall short of comparison and let other people's opinions of ourselves dominate our world. I know that you are hurting and confused. You are constantly questioning yourself. Asking things like "what's wrong with me?" "what does she have that I don't have?" and "why do people keep saying they care and then leaving me?" I know because I fall short of this every day. It is hard not to compare ourselves to others especially in this generation of social media. Galatians 6:4-5 says, "Each of you must examine your own actions. Then you can be proud of your own accomplishments without comparing yourself to others. Assume your own responsibility." The Lord has made you your own person. You have gifts and talents that you are able to use to glorify the Lord.

You are going to meet plenty of jerks who will make feel like you are not good enough. First off, if this is the case, they obviously do not deserve you because you deserve to be treated with respect and love. I know that it is terrifying to put yourself out there again and again after being hurt, but do not give up on love. Real love is worth the wait and the Lord does not look at you as recycled. 1 Corinthians 13:4-8 says, "Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues,they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away." You are going to be okay, I promise. The Lord's plan for your life is ten times better than any plan you could ever imagine for yourself. This really inspiring man of God named Cole Labrant once said, "Nicholas Sparks ain't got nothing on the love story Jesus can write for your life if you make him the author." I really love that because it is so dang true! When we completely give the reins to the Lord, his will for us will be done. Use this time of healing to draw closer to the Lord.

You are loved beyond belief by our father in Heaven. He wants you to remember your worth.