A Letter To The Friend Gone Too Soon

A Letter To The Friend Gone Too Soon

It's not easy losing a good friend.

1184
A Letter To The Friend Gone Too Soon
Sunshine Fragrances

Dear friend,

I say friend, but you were so much more to me than that. You were a light in my life and a flicker of hope that there is still good in this world. You were an ear that listened. You were a heart that cared. You were a smile that was contagious. You were a live comedian, who made stomachs sore from laughing. You were a warm hug. You were a study partner. You were a soft-spoken compliment. You were a giver; a philanthropist. You were a great time. You were you.

I am so grateful that I was able to meet you. I am so blessed I was able to call you my friend. I know I will never meet another you and may never meet someone as fantastic as you. You showed me the importance of kindness. You showed me that good people do exist. You showed me just how important those around you are and to never take them for granted. You were and will forever be important to me.

I miss you so much and sometimes I catch myself holding back tears. I ask myself, why? Why you? Why the most beautiful soul to ever walk the earth? I have even made comments about trading places because I know I will never amount to the person that you were; the world needs you more than me.

People think I'm crazy because I talk about you all the time.People think I'm crazy because I write on your Facebook wall thinking you'll read it. People think I'm crazy because I tweet at you hoping you might favorite it. Am I crazy because I blame myself? Was there more I could have done? Why did you have to go so soon?

The fact is: you never left.

That is what keeps me sane; the fact that your memory is with me forever, our memories are forever. The late nights and early mornings. The adventures. The heart to hearts. Everything. That all will carry with me until the day I can meet you again; the things I cherish most.

Dear friend,

There is not a day that goes by that you are not missed. There is not a moment that I don't wish I could go back in time and save you. Or at least give you a proper goodbye, maybe a hug.

There's never enough warning when you lose someone. It just happens. That's why it's still so hard to swallow. It still doesn't seem real.

So dear friend,

I love you.

I'll say it again... I love you.

I know you're the rays of sunshine that touch the earth like a stairway to heaven. I know you're the breeze when I need it the most. I know you're the hint of good luck on my worst day. I know you're the wave of warmth that washes over me like salt water on sand, anytime I become sad.

One day we'll be together again. Until then, I hope your resting easy.

You're forever missed.