A Letter To the Boy That Gave Me Everything

Thank you for everything you did for me

164

First off, I just want to say thank you. Thank you for everything you did for me. You came into my life when I was in a tough situation, and you helped me through that. The first time we hung out you came to my house to pick me up and took me to my favorite coffee place, even though you hate coffee. After we got back you came inside and talked to my family, and right then was when I knew you were different than other boys.

Thank you for taking me on cute little dates and always paying. Thank you for singing along to all my throwback songs that I know you secretly hated. Thank you for always getting coffee with me. Thank you for believing in me when no one else did. Thank you for always choosing me. Thank you for being my best friend through it all. Thank you for putting up with me through moments I'm not proud of. Thank you for being there for me when I was stressed out about college and scared for the future; I wish I could do the same for you now. Thank you for sticking around as long as you could.

You changed my outlook on so many things. Things I would have never seen differently if it weren't for you. You talked with such passion and love. You saw beauty in everything. The way you talked about the stars is something I will never forget. You didn't care what others thought about you as long as you were happy.

You showed me not only do I deserve someone that cares about me, but also someone that will do anything to prove that to me. You are the reason I know not to chase after boys that do not care about my feelings. You are the reason I got over that boy that took over my life in such a negative way. You taught me to love myself even when I thought it wasn't possible.

While it sucks to have ended the way we did, I'm so glad we still have a friendship through it all. it's scary not to know what the future holds and being so unsure of certain things, but I wish the best for you. Even though we didn't make it together, I know that we could have.