To The Friend That Stayed With Me Through It All

A thank you that you deserve to hear every day.

10
Caitlin Monahan

Dear Best Friend,

After more awful friendships than a person can even imagine, I was convinced I'd never get to experience what a true best friend was like. Then one day, during junior year, I met a new student in chemistry class. Who knew that all these years later, through high school and college, we'd be where we are today.

I am so happy to look back on the years and have so many precious memories with you. I even think back on my darkest times to realize I was never truly left alone. Out of all of my friends, you were the one who would always listen to me and let me rant for hours. I finally found someone that loved talking as much as I did, wanted to stay up at all hours of the night to play video games and run to the local wrap store and order food (so often, that they knew our orders by heart).

You are worth so much to me. I can't picture myself without having my best friend by my side. Even though we've both gotten older, and we both have crazy schedules and lives, we still make time to keep in contact weekly and stay close. I am grateful to finally have found someone that put an equal amount of effort into a friendship. It makes me feel truly blessed to be able to have someone like you in my life.

I know you have the brightest future ahead of you. You are going to do amazing things. No matter what happens in the future, I will always have your back and support you. Take chances and risks, push yourself to do the impossible and make yourself the happiest you can be.

I am the proudest I've ever been of you. Thank you for showing me how a friend should treat me and that I deserve more than what I was receiving. You helped me gain the confidence I needed and made me want to better myself.

Thank you for completing me. I love you!

Your Best Friend