lost phone at six flags
Health Wellness

Dear Six Flags, Please Find My Phone

I need your help.

606
Dear Six Flags, Please Find My Phone

Recently I went to one of your parks. Now you're probably thinking, "wow that's fun! Did you enjoy yourself?" Well, yes, I did. But sadly, my phone did not.

Here's what happened.

Second ride of the day. The Wicked Cyclone. (Pretty fitting name to call that thing if you ask me.) I'm on the ride, everything's going well, screaming, laughing, having fun as you do on a roller coaster. Then I felt my phone slip out of my back pocket. Now you're thinking "Oh god, here we go…" and you'd be right. My phone slips and pure terror sets in. I go to reach for it but oh wait. It's already gone.

Mind you, before I got on the ride I knew this could happen. It's never happened to me before but I still made sure it was securely in my pocket before the ride started. Well, let me tell everyone this. If you think your phone is securely in your pocket before you get on a rollercoaster, it's not. Every time you've gotten away with it up until this point has been pure luck. Plain and simple.

I lost my phone on a rollercoaster. Great.

I'm told I need to fill out a missing item form at the lost and found office so you'll know who's it is if you find it. IF. Great. I was also told that you would not be looking for it as this happens too often. GREAT.

You definitely weren't kidding when you mentioned that it happens often. Upon walking into the lost and found office, what do I see? Phones. A ton of them. Covering the desk and stacked on top of each other (all with cracked screens but let's not talk about that) Now, I know you have signs up next to the rides that say you are not responsible if any of guest items are lost or stolen on the rides, blah blah. BUT if there are hundreds of phones being found in and around the park, shouldn't you be doing something else about that? Also, there a bin solely for the Wicked Cyclone in that office so that should tell you something right there.

Also, I would also like to add that the bins you provide to put my stuff in before I get on rides are sketchy and my phone could have just as easily been stolen rather than lost if I had put it in there. I was pretty much stuck between a rock and a hard place there.

So. Six Flags. I have some things to say to you. I know your response to all this is "Well it's your fault really…" Believe me, I know. I'm angry with myself. But don't forget, I'm angry with you too. I dropped my phone, yes. However, I can tell you which ride I was on, what part of the ride it was and I can see my phone on the find my iPhone app. All anyone has to do it go under there (after or before the park opens) and look for it. I'd even do it myself and collect the other millions of phones under there too since I'm sure there's plenty. I'm just trying to help you, help me, really.

Sincerely,

A girl who wants her phone back