An Open Letter To Myself As I Graduate College

Four years have flown by...

4
Personal

When I was looking into colleges four years ago, I never thought I would end up at Florida State University. I originally planned on going to the Air Force Academy but plans changed and looking back, I know that everything happened for a reason. I wouldn't change the fact that I ended up at FSU for anything. The people I've met, the adventures I've gone on; there's nothing that could replace the experiences I've had.

There are always situations that people wish they could alter in one way or another, to make them more memorable or fix mistakes made. Of course, I'm no different. Life comes with ups and downs but the important thing to remember is to make the most of it. The world is what you make it.

That's exactly how I feel right now as this world is consumed by COVID-19. I know that things are crazy but they're happening for a reason. Instead of joining F45 classes, I join online workout sessions run by @fsucampusrec through zoom or participate in @naigc workouts posted daily on Instagram. Instead of hanging out with friends, I'm having zoom chats online. The only times I leave the house are to go grocery shopping, to work, or to take a walk at Cascades.

Given that this is my last semester, this is definitely not how I planned to spend my last few months in Tallahassee. But I'm trying my best to stay positive and look forward to what lies ahead.

I still don't know what the future holds but I know that I can't give up on my dreams. I have goals to achieve and I will not stop until I reach them. I just have to remember to keep my head up and stay focused on what I want. No obstacle is too big to overcome as long as I keep working on it.