A Letter To My Senior Dog

A Letter To My Senior Dog

I will love you just as much in your aging years, as I did in your puppy years.

1319
A Letter To My Senior Dog
iPhotos

Hey Sweet Pup,

I just want you to know that your years on this earth, and in my life, have been some of the best years of my life. You have made me laugh when I wanted to cry, made me smile when I wanted to scream, and amazed me with you're loyalty.

Out of all of the joy and happiness that you have given to me, I can only hope that I have done the same for you. I want you to know one thing, if this is the only thing that you can understand. I will love you just as much in your senior years as I did your puppy years.

I will not leave your side, I will help you up the stairs when I can see you getting tired. I will sit down and cuddle with you, even though I have a dozen other things to do. Why you may ask, because you are one of the biggest pieces of my heart.

I will not get angry with you when you don't come the first time I call your name, or when you walk to your crate too slow. As I know that your ears aren't like they used to be, nor are your legs.

I will not get upset or annoyed when you start having health issues, because just as humans bodies do when they get older, dogs bodies start shutting down too.

I will be there with you through it all; I will hold you when you're in pain. I will let you be alone when you are feeling grumpy. Because just as aging people do, dogs can be grumpy too.

I will love you as your hair starts turning gray, and your eyes get foggier. Knowing that deep inside your heart, you are still that loving, youthful pup.

With that being said you're going to have to forgive me for a few things that I do:

Please excuse me for taking your picture so much. When you go to heaven, you may still see me, but all I will have left are the memories and pictures of you.

Please forgive me for telling you how much I love you over and over again. I know that you can't understand me. It will comfort me when you're gone, to know that I told you a bajillion times how much I loved you!

Please forgive me for hovering so much. When your nose is the least bit dry, I will panic and I will want to call the vet A.S.A.P. I know, it's the last place you want to be, but if it will make you feel better, then off to the vet we will go!

Thank you sweet pup! Thank you for everything that you have taught me: kindness, loyalty, happiness, and above all... how to love! I will cherish the happy times I have had with you. I will be strong in the hard times. When it is your time to go, I will let you go, so that you will once again feel like a youthful pup! I love you more than your little brain can comprehend, and I just wanted to take time and tell you!

Forever faithful and loyal to you,

Your fur mama XOXO