A Letter to My Person in Heaven

A Letter to My Person in Heaven

What I wish you could know

27
A Letter to My Person in Heaven
Becca Bouchard

First off, I’d like to tell you how much I miss you. Some days more than others, because the craziness of life catches up to me and I find myself thinking about you less since you passed away, but just because I may think of you less, I never ever forget about you.

Now I’m not going to sit here and wish for you to come back, because I know that is unrealistic. But in my own selfish way I do wish that for one day; or maybe even an hour I could sit and have a conversation with you for one last time. And come to think about it, I don’t think I would even care if we actually talked; I would just love to be in your company again.

If we did talk, I wouldn’t even know where to begin, so much has changed since you left this world, good and bad. I got my license, got my first job and I got accepted into college. The last time you knew me I was 14 years old, a freshman in high school and barely knew who I was. Now I am 19, and happier than I have ever been. I’ve accomplished so much that I wish I could have shared with you, even though deep down inside my heart I know that you are well aware of all that I have done in these past 5 years.

Even though I would like to tell you a million and one things if we could sit down together for one last time, I think the most important would be is “thank you”. Thank you for always looking after me, and for loving me unconditionally. It’s the unfortunate truth that once you lose someone, you realize how much they really meant to you, and it goes the same for me. Losing you was one of the hardest things I’ve ever been through, but it made me grow and it made me stronger, and words can’t describe how thankful I am for that.

I know for as long as I’m on this earth you’ll be watching over me, and I know I will always feel that you are missing out on important events in my life. However the love you gave me while you were here will forever have an impact on me, and I will never ever forget that love.