A Letter To My Baby

A Letter To My Baby

For all the girls who want to fix things more than anything.

1651
A Letter To My Baby
Kayla Tambarkis

I know I dont get to say this much...

Your smile is impeccable, your touch drives me crazy, and your words mean everything.

People always say to me "He treats you like shit" but they don't know you. They don't know you like I do, they don't share those special moments with you, like I do.

Although we fight a lot, this isn't very hard for me to write. I could go on for hours as to why I love you, and how this rocky relationship can be beautiful but I guess I'll just have to sum it up in this article.

You are misunderstood.

We fight back and forth when we aren't together, but when we are? A fire burns deep inside me, not one that hurts, but one that makes me feel safe. When I'm with you, it's almost like nothing else matters. When I'm with you I get the feeling that makes the butterflies in my stomach soar and the hairs on body stand straight. We've had our fair share of arguments that lead to us being mad at each other for days, but that's never stopped me from loving you the way I do.

People think you are a monster. And it's my fault.

Whenever I'm alone with you, you make me feel like I am home. You make me feel like I am whole again. When I'm alone with you, you cradle me like a literal baby and tell me how much you love me.

I know I was never the one to say these words in person. That was always you.

We lay on your bed in silence, and to break the silence, the first words to come out of your mouth are "I love you" which makes my heart dance.

I don't know why we destroy each other the way we do. We're meant for each other. Why can't you realize this the way I do?

I love you in ways I never thought I could. You hurt me many times. We've hurt each other to the point where sometimes it feels like there's no return.

You're that over-protective, territorial person that builds walls around anything you love. You like to be in control and you like being listened to and respected, but so do I. This is why we butt-heads as much as we do. We have so much love that we become too crazy to even realize that a relationship is not all being worried about what the other person's doing, but it's about trust, respect, and communication. We need to work on those 3 vital things. I'm sick of feeling like a flame ready to fizzle out. I want forever. With you. We need to learn respect in more ways than one. We need to move on from our rocky past and trust again. I want to love again. I want to feel something again. Even if we're just talking on the phone, I want the same butterflies you give me when you kiss me.

When we're apart, sometimes, I feel like I don't exist to you. I feel like just like a regular girl to you. I don't feel like you love me as much as I love you, but you're constantly asking me what I'm doing and who I'm with. You never ask me:

"Babe, how are you doing"

"Are you okay?"

You constantly tell me you love me but your actions show me otherwise. I want you to trust me. I have never given you a reason to think I would ever want to be with anyone else.

Baby, it may not always seem like it, but you brighten up my world more than any amount of stars ever could. You make me feel whole when things are going good. Without you? Like when we fight? I feel nothing.

I don't mean to be cheesy, this will probably make you laugh, but thats okay because I love that amazing smile of yours.

Forever And Always