A Letter To My Little Sister

A Letter To My Little Sister

All I could think about was how proud of you I was.

36
A Letter To My Little Sister
Samantha Wright

My beautiful little sis,

I am writing this letter to you to tell you what you mean to me. I know there are times when you feel like the world is against you, and you feel all alone, but remember that I am here for you no matter what.

When I was a little girl around the age of 9, I was told I had two sisters, an older one and a younger one. I immediately thought how cool it was that I was a big sister. Even though we never met I knew that I wanted to be an amazing role model for you. Years passed and we found each other online thanks to our birth mom. We talked for hours almost daily, I was so excited to be able to talk to you. We met in person on April 30th, 2016. Ever since that day I was have been trying to better myself for you. Everyday I thank God, that you and I have a relationship. I was so happy that you allowed me into not only your life, but also into your beautiful son’s life.

You guys mean everything to me. When you called to tell me that you applied for an apartment and how excited you were. I could hear it in your voice how happy you were,but also how nervous you were. I went along with the conversation, waiting for you to bring up your fears. After talking for about fifteen minutes the truth came out. You told me how much you wanted the apartment but there was other people who wanted it as well. How you were scared they were going to turn you away. I remember telling you that you will get the apartment, and if you didn’t they were making a big mistake. A few days later you called me telling me that you got the apartment. I was so happy for you, and I was proud of you. You were moving up in the word.

I remember you telling me about a boy you met, how you were so nervous around him, how you thought that you guys would make a cute couple. All I could think about was how proud of you I was. You were not letting anything hold you back from getting your life together. I was even prouder of you when you told me that the guy was a creep and how you didn't want to date him anymore and you told him that. I was proud because you knew what you wanted and you were not going to to settle for anything less.

Even though for most of my life I have tried to be the role model I realized that I should be the one looking up at you. You have overcome so much in your life, whether is be boys, or family, or even living arrangements. You put your son first but you also know what is best for the both of you and you refuse to settle. You are my inspiration, you mean the world to me. I found a song and the lyrics remind me of you, It’s a song from Victorious called You’re the Reason.

I don't want to make a scene

I don't want to let you down

Try to do my own thing

And I'm starting to figure it out

That it's alright

Keep it together wherever we go

And it's alright, oh well, whatever

Everybody needs to know

You might be crazy

Have I told you lately that I love you?

You're the only reason that I'm not afraid to fly

And it's crazy that someone could change me

Now no matter what it is I have to do, I'm not afraid to try

And you need to know that you're the reason why

I don't even care when they say

You're a little bit off

Look me in the eye, I say

I could never get enough

--

I love you Megan!

Signed your Big Sister