A Letter To My High School Friends

A Letter To My High School Friends

I hope you’re all doing big things whether that means killing it at college, protecting us in the Army, or doing whatever it is you’re doing. I hope you're doing well.

891
A Letter To My High School Friends
Aly McLean

So here we are, almost 2 years post graduation, isn't that nuts? Sometimes I look back at you guys. The memories we made, the laughs we shared. I’m beyond grateful to call you guys my forever friends that I found in a little school called Foxborough Regional Charter.

It was certainly a change going from a little school like FRCS to college with 5,000+ other kids. There's a lot I don't miss about it. I definitely don’t miss waking up early, I don’t miss the drama, I don’t miss the homework, or dress code but I guess there are a few things I miss. Of course I can wear whatever I want now, but there are times when I search through my closet trying to find an outfit as I see my khakis sitting on the shelf missing when it took me 2 seconds to throw on a polo and call it a day. It was always an interesting gamble as we challenged our dress code the best we could without getting in too much trouble. Or even bringing coffee into class as we were told not to do so by the same teacher holding an iced coffee in her hand, I’ll never understand their ways. But we always pushed our teachers to the edge. We all thought we were comedians, maybe that’s why we had so much fun?

Sometimes we’d skip school and go to breakfast. Sometimes we’d even walk out of school early. We thought we were so sneaky. I’m grateful for the amount of laughter you all gave me. But aside from all the trouble we caused at school, we had even more fun outside. Beach trips to the Cape, bonfires, or sleepovers that ended with us testing every “Scary Things to Do at a Sleepover” video we could find. Of course mixing in some lemon fuzz and orange buzz always made the night better.

Summer concerts at Xfinity keep us together, even when it was the night before graduation. Look at us go. Does anyone even remember Senior Advising? We liked to treat that class like AE. But we can’t forget gym class where we’d all sit against the wall and watch the mess that was our grade play floor hockey. And when we weren’t in gym we were skipping some other class as we sat in Guidance together.

I look at the pictures hanging above my bed, making me miss the soccer games right after school in the fall with the best co captain in the world and the heat of the spring air during softball season. And as surprising as it is, I even miss cheering with you guys (slightly). I miss my teammates and the memories we shared on the field and even on our bus rides braiding each other's hair and begging the coaches to stop for food.

All in all, just know I think about you guys still. I hope you’re all doing big things whether that means killing it at college, protecting us in the Army, or doing whatever it is you’re doing. I miss the old times and the crazy stuff we did at good old FRCS. I can’t wait to see you all in the future and hear about the new memories, stories, and friends that you’ve made along the way. Lastly, I want to thank you for making me who I am today. Thank you for the laughter and silliness. Thank you for being there for me for the last 4 years of my life. See you soon.

~ Jackie