An Open Letter To My Cats

An Open Letter To My Cats

Why don't you love me as much as I love you?

7
An Open Letter To My Cats
Jesse Cwik

My dearest kittens,

Seriously, you guys...what the hell? I feed you every day. I leave my door open for you when I sleep so you can come and go when you want. I even clean up your poop! What gives? Why don't you reciprocate my love to you?

I know, I know, we've had some hard times, like when you ate my leftover pizza after I fell asleep on the couch and I woke up extremely angry. Or when you had a small "accident" in my favorite sneakers. Or when I kicked you off my computer keyboard because I had a paper due and all you wanted was my undivided attention Even through all these scenarios, I still adore your snuggly selves and could use some love.

You are so cute, extremely sassy, a little devious, attention hogs, nosey, so fluffy, and affectionate LIKE NEVER. We have been through so much together, like when you watched my cry because Shondra Rhimes crushed my heart and soul during Grey's Anatomy. You all kept me company when I was home alone. You follow me around the house all the time, even if I am just going to the next room. You even lay with me on the couch sometimes. You guys are my buddies but, to be honest, I'm feeling a little under-loved.

I wouldn't trade you guys for the world: you are my cats, my TV buddies, my pets, a little piece of my heart, and a huge pain in my butt. I don't understand you at all, but you are so weird and I love every minute of it. But, it's time to snuggle with me on the couch when we watch TV. It's time you let me pet you when you're being crabby because if I have to pet your belly two times--no more, no less or else you will spazz out--then I want to be able to pet you when you're laying on my bed.

Kittens, I love you dearly and I am blessed to have feline companions like you. But... SHOW ME SOME LOVE, CATS!

Sincerely,

Your very confused owner