what cats would say to humans

An Open Letter To The Family, Love The Cat

All you hear is meows, but it means so much more than that.

79
cat
Kayla Sellers

To the humans I call family,

When you all adopted me I was so excited to get out of that little foster bathroom. I know it took me a bit to get familiar with the other kitties you had and it was a bit of a rocky start because I still loved to be in the bathroom (even when you were going potty) but I couldn't ask for a better family to call my own. With that being said, I'd like to remind you of a couple of things.

Though you may think this is your humble abode, I have declared myself the alpha cat, therefore this is my house. My rules, got it? I like to sleep with you, and when you keep the doors shut I can't do that. So, I will scratch at the door and meow as loud as I can. Until you let me in of course. Unless I am hungry, then you get a few more meows.

I like pats. You know that. When you pat me don't stop even when I "army crawl" away. Whatever that means.

Author's Photo

Let me be outside. I like outside. Open a door and let me outside. I will come back, I promise. I mean, I like food (A LOT) and you feed me. Of course I would come back.

When I sit with you, you need to move so I can fit. I will not move, I just like your warmth.

Did I mention I like food? So give me snacks. I like snacks.

I like to sleep, so do not touch me when I'm sleeping. I need my sleep.

You know I like to lay in the sun, I would greatly appreciate it if you left some of the windows open by the cat trees so I can be up high and rest in the sun.

Author's Photo

On second thought, you can touch me when I sleep. I like the attention and pats.

It's not too fun to vomit all the time. Maybe if you would brush me more I wouldn't throw up as often and you won't have to clean it up as much.

I do not enjoy it when you bring out my worst enemy... Mr. Vacuum. Please tell him to keep the dust around. I like the mess, and I prefer it with the youngest human's clothes on the ground. I like her smells.

Lastly and most importantly, love me. I know I am not perfect, and you humans are most certainly not perfect either. I love you with all my heart and soul. I am happy to live my life here with you four humans and my older sister. With all of the rules I have for you humans, love is the biggest, most important thing in the whole entire world.

I may find more rules later on, but I am sure you will hear me meowing "I want" every once and a while and will know what to do.

Love, Cat