A Letter To Cru At Illinois State University

I may not have been here long, but I have a lot to thank each and every one of you for.

50
Kady Lampley

My first semester of college has been rough. I've suffered from homesickness a lot, and I've often felt so alone in my time at Illinois State University. However, one specific group of people has helped me through all of the tough times this semester, and I wanted to let them know how much they mean to me.

Dear Illinois State University Cru,

Thank you for giving me somewhere to belong. The first few weeks of school were really hard for me because I was living away from my friends and family back at home. However, you guys were intentional with wanting to build a relationship with me, and I am so thankful for that. You all were so accepting and welcoming, and you've all been great examples in Christ to me.

Thank you for keeping me focused on the only true thing that matters: my relationship with God. Several Christians that go to college for the first time fall away from their relationship with God, but you guys have made sure to point myself and others right back to Him. I've learned to draw close to God in my times of loneliness, and you all played a big part in that. I'm constantly growing in my faith because of Freshmen Leadership, Life Group, and Connect every week. Because of all of the opportunities we have each week to get together and learn more about Jesus, I am pushed to learn and grow in my faith.

Thank you for teaching me how to be comfortable sharing my faith and having spiritual conversations with others. Never in a million years would I have thought I would be able to go up to strangers living on my floor and talking about God with them. You have given me a new way to talk to people through Perspective Cards, and I am so thankful you did. You've made it easier to share with people my age without them completely shutting me out. I love how Cru is centered around sharing with students on campus! My heart has grown even more to share my faith with others because of you all encouraging me to do so.

I could go on and on, but I am so thankful for everyone involved in Cru at Illinois State University. You've given me a great community to belong to and great people that I know I can grow in my faith alongside. I love all of you so much, and I cannot wait to see what God will do in my life through the friendships I've made while in Cru.