"Bachelor" Nation, Quit Bashing Arie Because This Drama Is Why You Watch Anyway

You love the drama, so admit it and get over it.

301
Digital Spy

"Bachelor" Nation,

Can you imagine having all your mistakes that you've made throughout your love life broadcast on live TV?

Can you at all comprehend the pressure to date 29 girls, and then break up with 28, even though the most amount of time you spend with one girl is probably worth only 24 hours in time?

Can you believe that when there's only two left and you are all so emotional that you have to break up with one and propose to another?

Now, I am a big "Bachelor" fan, but when you really think about it, the whole plot line is so emotionally messed up and confusing. The audience can watch without any consequences, and judge all they want. They can point fingers and call a Bachelor an a**hole for changing his mind when already committing to someone else.

Former contestants can rave on and on about how he— well, we're talking about Arie now as you can see— is such a mean, manipulative person for even proposing when he wasn't ready or for filming the breakup.

But, it's the Bachelor, so there definitely is pressure to propose at the end. Anyone would be kidding themselves if they make this argument that he had no pressure and was just stupid. The whole world was watching and wanted a proposal at the end — that's the point of the show.

Now filming the breakup can be controversial, but even Becca said that she signed up for a show... she knew she was going to be filmed and that her life would be on display.

Had Arie not filmed it, there would be so many questions. Magazines could make up tabloids about things that didn't happen or that weren't said. Honestly, it was in Arie's best interest to show how it all went down.

Now, it may not be the most moral thing, but it was the most exposed and rational thing.

It's reality TV— it's messy, it's messed up...and it's unfair of us as the audience to just judge away. Was Arie supposed to stay with someone he didn't love? All for the sake of not causing a scandal that we ourselves are creating?

So, before you give Bekah M another retweet in all her videos lashing out against Arie, just realize that this is in fact a reality TV show. And the reason everyone is hating on Arie is because it's actually rather fun. We don't have this kind of drama in our lives, so we think "let's just attack a symbol that represents it."

Admit it. If you're the one who's bashing out against him like he just committed the most heinous crime of the century, you are enjoying every single second of it.

Truth is, no matter what Arie would have done, he would've received hate unless he stayed with Becca. But he chose to follow the truth of his heart. And now he's getting death threats? We put him up there, watch and probe into his love life for our own amusement, and now we're hating him for everything that he is? That doesn't make sense.

Let's all just get over it.

With all respect,

Someone Who Is Sick Of Hearing This