A Letter To Anyone Who Needs Someone To Tell Them It Will Be Okay

You Can Do This.

16300

Dear Anyone,

Stress. Grief. Divorce. Addiction. Disease. Broken heart. Depression.

No matter the pain you are experiencing, difficult decision you have been faced with, or fear that seems to have controlled you, I am here to tell you it will work itself out and that everything will be okay.

“Everything will all be okay in the end. If it’s not okay, it’s not the end.” -John Lennon

In 2012, I was diagnosed with a condition that disabled me from everything I’d grown up loving and knowing how to do. Losing the ability to play sports, let alone make it out of bed in the morning, and losing the motivated high achieving student I once was, I was not only faced with the most pain I have ever endured, but also a decision that would impact the rest of my life.

I could either find my own strength and redefine myself or succumb to giving up.

I spent countless nights laying in severe pain while tears poured out of my eyes and I questioned the concept of life. I didn't understand how everything I had ever worked toward achieving my entire life could be taken from me in the matter of seconds.

“Why me” was a common phrase that would run through my head every day. The constant pain that lurked throughout my legs, stomach, and arms controlled me. It prevented me from not only living the life I had once imagined, but any normal life at all.

Although I was fortunate enough to have the most supportive family, friends, and community by my side throughout the years I dealt with my condition, I knew I would get nowhere if I didn’t believe in myself.

It took months and months of pain and agony before forcing myself to realize it was time to find whatever strength I had and begin to recreate a new life.

“Anyone can give up, it’s the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that’s true strength.” -Oliver Wilkins

I believe no human is given something they cannot handle. I believe things happen for a reason. I believe everyone has a purpose in life.

If you are at a crossroads and don’t believe in yourself, know that I believe in you.

Pain comes when we are least expecting it. It has the power to control us both mentally and physically. But we have the power to persevere and prove to ourselves nothing is impossible. No amount of pain can stop you from living… whether it is time to create a new path or start a new journey, anything is possible.

Let today be the day you face a fear, overcome a heartbreak, control an illness, or end an addiction. Whatever your struggle may be, know that you are not alone. Know that it is okay to begin again.

“When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.” -Franklin D. Roosevelt