A Letter To My Study Abroad Roommate

A Letter To My Study Abroad Roommate

Thanks for putting up with me for 16 weeks and not killing me.

50
A Letter To My Study Abroad Roommate
Julia Suchanek

Dear Jules,

As our trip has come to an end, we’ve returned to our own homes and gone back to living in our own rooms, I have been reflecting a lot on my time abroad and have neglected to thank one of the most important people for me during this experience: you. Here are ten things I need to thank you for.

1. Thank you for having a Fitbit. That came in handy when we wanted to actually complain about how sore we were from all the walking we had done.
  2. Thank you for indulging in my love of musical theatre and listening to Christmas music the day after Halloween. (Watching Shrek The Musical was the best decision we had ever made!)
  3. Thank you for reminding me that I’m twenty years old and not forty and I need to live in the present and not always be planning for the future.
  4. Thank you for teaching me even more about art and history (s/o to the history and Spanish double major and the art history minor!)
  5. Thank you for your patience: whether it have been when I was sick (the fourteen million times) or when I took us down the wrong street one too many times and you had to take over doing the directions; thank you.
  6. Thank you for putting up with my sense of humor and all the Instagram messages, and the jokes I try and tell but can’t because I’m struggling to breathe because I’m laughing too hard at my own jokes.
  7. Thank you for YOUR sense of humor. You are one of the funniest people I’ve ever met and if I was ever down and needed a pick me up, you always knew how to cheer me up and make me laugh for hours…and hours…and hours!
  8. Thank you for bringing Nutella into my life. That was a true gift.
  9. Thank you for being my Spanish Sister, even after we left Spain.
  10. Thank you for reminding me that life is a journey and we are constantly growing and learning.

We were quite the unexpected pair but everyone thought we were best friends before this trip even started, but we definitely came back sisters. Love you, Jules.

Un abrazo,

Kait