A Letter To My Lambda Theta Sisters As A Second Semester Senior

11

This may sound like my Senior Speech and I will probably repeat some things that I am saying now when I finally decide that I won’t choke up during chapter, but there are things that I want to leave with you as you continue your journey in college and more specifically your time within Theta.

You have a unique college experience and don’t ever take it for granted. You have chosen a school that has given you the opportunity to be apart of something bigger than yourself. Without fail, the Greek Life community will always be stereotyped, talked down upon, and criticized. But use that to fuel your fire and show others that the Greek community is more than that and being apart of this sisterhood isn’t just something that lasts during your college career. “Theta for a lifetime,” isn’t just something we say, it’s the truth. The connections, friendships, and memories that you make don’t just end once we walk across the floor and receive our diplomas.

I already have plans with one of our sisters to hopefully live in Boston together after graduation if our plans work out (fingers crossed)!

So my advice to you for the rest of your time in Theta is to treat your sisters with the utmost respect. Not everyone is going to be best friends with everyone in the chapter, it’s nearly impossible. You will have your best friends and your main squad, you’ll have you're other friends, your acquaintances, and those you have no real relationship with. That’s normal.

Make the most out of your time within the chapter. You don’t need to have a position to have an impact in the chapter. You don’t have to have the best GPA. You don’t have to be the one who has the most friends. You just have to be a role model and strive to be the best version of yourself you can be. When people need you, be there for them because they when you need them your sisters will have back.

Being in a sorority for me wasn’t something that I ever wanted to be apart of prior to coming to this university. But, as a transfer student here I figured I would give it a try and I am thankful everyday to be apart of this organization. These past couple of weeks, I’ve been getting more and more emotional about leaving you all and not being able to continue this college experience with you. We will never get these four years back so I beg you to cherish every single day that you have here and make the most of it. Do things you never would have done. Make friends within Theta that you never saw yourself being close with and even branch out and make friends in other chapters. Break down the walls and build up the confidence within you that just wants to flourish. Don't look back on your time and Theta and have any regrets, look back on it and wish you could do it all over again.