A Letter To God From The Average College Student

God, I'm sorry for I have failed You.
1070

Dear God,

Lately, times have been hard. School has been exhausting, exams and papers are piling up, and I feel like I can't catch up. Day by day, I go through the motions of checking things off of my never-ending "To Do List" and counting down the days until the end of the semester. I'm doing everything right by the book, I'm eating well, exercising often, completing my homework, engaging in countless extracurricular activities, working my job to earn a little extra income, volunteering with the free hours of the day I have left, and managing to squeeze in some social time with my friends and family, but yet, some days I still feel lost.

Though, in these times I have failed to come to You. I've gotten caught up in the monotonous routine of my life, I have failed miserably when it comes to my faith and my relationship with You, and for this I am sorry. I am sorry that I have let my academics and extracurriculars get in the way of our relationship. I am sorry that I have been going through the motions with my faith. I am sorry that I have not put You first in my life. And I am sorry for doubting You at the times I have needed You the most.

But God, I'm so beyond thankful that You still love me-- even after I slam the door shut on You a countless number of times. You work miracles in my life every single day, but sometimes I forget to say thank you.

I know I may not always be the most appreciative, but thank you for blessing me with a wonderful family, an opportunity to get a degree, a multitude of friends, food on the table every single night to eat, a voice to talk and laugh with, legs to see the beautiful world, a home with a comfy bed to sleep in every night, a church to worship in, and the love of You blessing me every single day with the wonderful gift of life.

God, please watch over and guide me down the path you have set in place for me. Give me the strength to come to You in my times of need, whether it be difficult classes or unforgiving schedules. God, please help me be a witness to You and Your love in everything I do. Guide me to develop friendships and relationships with Your love and forgiveness at the center. Please help me to stop counting down the days until the end of the semester, but instead, allow me to live every single day as if it's my last. But if I fail, please help me to pick up the pieces and begin anew again.

God, I thank You, and God, I love You.

With love,

A College Student