To The Girl Who Is Moving Into My Childhood Room

You're going to make some wonderful memories.

8
Rachael Patten

Dear You,

I hope that you are excited to be living in my childhood room. I know I was when I first moved in. I know that you’re four years old. That’s around the age I was when my family and I first moved in. This is all exciting, I’m sure.

When my family first moved in, they were young; around the age your parents are! They wanted to come to Bolton to get me into a good school system, and they picked the perfect house for our little family. When your parents started looking for houses, they also wanted to make sure they found the perfect one, especially one with a perfect room for you. They ended up where we were. Now you get to enjoy such a beautiful room in a beautiful house.

Let me tell you about your new room! It’s a nice big room; perfect for playing with all of your toys. I used to set up all of my stuffed animals in rows, and I would play teacher. Maybe you’ll think of some fun ways to play with your stuffed animals in your new room, like I did!

The room has seen every single thing that has happened to me. It was where I went when I was happy, sad, mad, and excited. That room was there for all of the times I got sick, and all of the times I got better. I rearranged the room all of the time to accommodate my changing taste in style. I’m sure as you get older, you might want to move things around. It’s OK, because you should do whatever you want to make sure you feel at home.

At first, when my parents told me they were going to put your new home on the market, I was extremely upset. I did not want to leave something that has meant so much to me my entire life. I have gotten accustomed to so much change with going to college (you’ll understand someday), but putting the house on the market was like taking a lot of stability away from me. But, when I thought about it some more, I realized that this meant another, younger family could move into the house, and someone else, like you, could make as many memories as I did there.

I think that you are really going to like your new home. It is in a great place, has a great front and back yard with your own pool, too! But also, I think you are going to like your new room. It’s your own space to get away from the rest of the world, and you can make it what you want it to be. I loved growing up in that house more than anything. It taught me a lot about life and myself. I hope that you get the same fun experience that I got when I lived there and I hope that I can get to meet you someday.

From,

Rachael