Letter To My Future Child

Letter To My Future Child

I know I won't have you for a very long time from now but when I do, I promise to love you and be there for you no matter what.

33
https://www.pexels.com/photo/woman-carrying-girl-while-showing-smile-1445704/

Life is going to get harder as you grow up so please enjoy every single moment. Don't take anything for granted ever, because I promise you you're going to have such a beautiful life if you enjoy all the little moments.

I will make it my goal to make sure that I have time for you. It's not going to always be easy and we probably will butt heads sometimes like I do with my own mother, but never forget I love you. You don't even exist yet and won't exist until probably 10 years from now but I already love you so much.

I want you to see the best in people. It's really challenging, I can't even do it most days, but I sometimes try. People are meant to be good but sometimes they make bad decisions that might make them seem not so great. Some people are going to break your heart and trust. Try your best, with time, to forgive them. Not for their well-being but for your own. Don't ever live with hate in your beautiful heart because it's toxic.

People are going to hurt you, lie, cheat, etc. It's a part of a lie that I wish I could protect you from in the future, but I can't. You have to go through things in order to grow as a person. All I can do is advise you and be there for you even when you don't take my advice. You'll learn from your mistakes and you might cry, but I'll be there with you every step of the way.

You're going to have people who make a great impact on your life, don't lose those people. People who are there for you through all the good and bad times are the people you need to cherish. Those are your real friends and just like they are there for you and love you, you need to be there for them too. Although you'll meet some awful people along the way, keep in mind there are some truly amazing people out there.

Don't rush love. I promise you you're going to find someone worthy of your time and energy one day, but not if you rush it. I've rushed things in my life before out of fear of loosing people, but it wasn't worth it. If someone is meant to be in your life you won't feel like you have to rush things. You'll just know that they're there to stay. You shouldn't ever have to feel like you have to rush things in order to keep someone by your side. If you ever feel that way, then it's just not worth it. If someones going to exit your life, gladly let them leave. They aren't worth crying or waiting for them to decide when it's convenient for them to return.

Know how precious you are and love the world for what it is. That's all I ask from you.