A Letter To My Friend In Another Country

Have you ever looked at a map and seen only space? We see the space of land or water between us. My best friend is thousands of miles away and I miss her half to death and just like me we have a few things in common. When we had to part ways we learned a lot about our friendship. We had to learn if it was a friendship that we wanted to keep. I truly feel that if we wanted to end our friendship and blamed it on space that we would have. We could have looked at the thousands of miles or kilometers between us and called it quits (more of less) but we didn't. We fought for our friendship and when times get hard to remember our friendship.

Honestly, when I dropped you off at the airport that cold December day I didn't cry. I didn't cry because I didn't know how it would really hit me. I let my best friend board a plane and never knew if and when I would see her again. My best friend headed home to a place that is both far and wide. Not crying was easy, what wasn't easy was not being able to just get up and go and talk to you every day. I miss my best friend and I wish I could be there some days. I wish I could be there for when I am having a hard day and need someone to talk to and I want to be there for when you are having a hard day. We all experience losing a friend but most are for different reasons.

I know that you are a so far away but I want you to know that I am here. I am always here fro you. It might not seem like it but I am still here for you. The best friendships in my mind are the ones that endure everything. How much of a friendship do we have knowing that we had to be separated yet knowing nothing would change. I wish the land or sea between us would disappear but it can't. I

I wish I could go back and realize how much I would miss you. Being able to talk to you has been so incredible and I am beyond thankful but sometimes it is not the same. On those days I remind myself how much God has blessed us. We would have never had a friendship if it wasn't for Him. I think about all the times we laughed and cried and then continued laughing. I want you to remember those times when it is hard. Friendship isn't about being inseparable, it's being separated and knowing nothing will change. When can fight and even though we have all these miles, kilometers, water, and lands between us that I am still your friend and I am here for you?

So for right now, I just want to thank you for continuing to be my best friend. I am so thankful for you and super awesomeness! Miss you, best friend!