A Letter to My Cousins

A Letter to My Cousins

"Cousins? Nah, we're best friends."

12
A Letter to My Cousins
Ally Westfall

Dear Freaks and Geeks,

First of all, this is the best I could do for all of you. I know a few of you wanted your own articles where I could say everything I love about you and praise you for being the best and coolest cousin. Unfortunately, I can’t do that for you for two reasons. First, because I’m the coolest and best cousin and although I could write an entire article about myself, I won’t, and second, because this is just much easier for me. But, let me cut to the chase: thank you.

Thank you for being my best friends. For always hanging out with me to the point where my friends wonder if I’ll ever be available to hang out with them again. You know how many times I’ve heard, “Oh let me guess, you can’t hang out today because you’re with your cousins, right?” Too many times. And every time I just laugh and shake my head because I know that it’s what I want more than anything, all the time. I hope my friends don’t read this article because honestly if I had the choice, I would ALWAYS choose to hang out with you guys. You were all my first best friends and I wouldn’t change anything about that.

You guys are there to listen to me complain when I get a bad grade and don’t know who to tell. You put up with my sarcasm and throw it right back at me; I love it. You willingly listened to me cry and complain about a boy problem on facetime, and trust me, I know that wasn’t easy for you guys. But you did it and I don’t think I could ever thank you enough for that. We’re basically the same people with one personality trait that separates us, and I’m not mad about it. Without you guys, my life wouldn’t be as chaotic or weird. But I also wouldn’t have as much fun as I do when I’m with all of you. Thank you for making life so enjoyable and for being my best friends.

Love,

Your favorite cousin