To My Father, From A Daddy's Girl

To My Father, From A Daddy's Girl

I don't say it enough, but thank you, for everything.

1055
To My Father, From A Daddy's Girl
Heidi High Bishop

Dad,

I never thank you enough. I never thank you enough for everything you do for me, everything you've always done. I've never been good at showing my appreciation and gratitude towards you, or even Mom for that matter.

But I need you to know how deeply grateful I am for you.

I always feel like I'm never good enough for you. That I always let you down, even when you and I both know that's not true. Yeah, we both know I've made countless mistakes throughout my lifetime, some worse than others, but that's life, and like you always say, "It is what it is."

But every time I've made mistakes, you're always there. You're there when I need help with anything. You're a handyman, always fixing things: cars, appliances, housing, furniture, etc. but you also always help me fix the situations I screw up.

I think from the first moment you held me, you knew I'd be a daddy's girl. Holding me, brand new to this world, and sneaking me out of the hospital room so I could see my first sunset after the rain had cleared away, I'm sure you knew how important you'd be to me, and I to you.

I've seen you try not to cry when I'm crying. I've seen you be strong for me, listening to me when I need to rant, sob, ask questions, or even just when I want to talk happily and excitedly about things; I've seen the fear and pain in your eyes when you see me hurting beyond words. But through it all, you've been strong for me and helped me become stronger for myself.

People always ask if you're my father and if I'm your daughter, even if they've never seen us together or know us when they do. We not only look so similar, but we have the same out-going personality; we both strive to care for and love others, to make others happier and more motivated, to make others stronger. We both love history, cooking/baking, the mountains, reading, movies, and so much more. So much of my personality came from you, and I couldn't be more thankful that that's the case.

We may argue and not see eye-to-eye many times, but I know it's because you care. And I need you to know that I care to.

You're the most important man in my life, and I wouldn't be where I am today without you. I can't imagine having any other father, and I've been beyond blessed to be your daughter.

I love you, Dad, and thank you, thank you for everything.