To My Big, Thank You For Everything

To My Big, Thank You For Everything

I can't begin to explain how much you've done for me... but I'll give it a shot.

330
Libby and her big
Libby Tillander

Hey there Biggie,

You're graduating this year. You've been with me this whole time and in a few short months, you'll head off into the real world leaving me to face my college experience head-on. So, before you go, I wanted to tell you how much you mean to me.

Thank you. Thank you for giving me a shoulder to cry on, for the constant advice and for the calming me down when it all becomes too much to handle on my own. Thank you for the memories, for dancing with me and for sending me all those cute crafts from your Pinterest board when I became a Big myself. And most importantly, thank you for being you.

I knew as soon as I met you that you would be one of my best friends, but I never thought you would be such a huge part of my life. You gave me not only a best friend but a big sister, personal diary and shopping buddy. From the countless adventures filled with laughter and joy to the bad times, you have never once left my side. You helped me when I needed it most. You have shown me what pure, genuine love is. You've taught me to find the positives in everything, even if I think there couldn't possibly be any.

You taught me how to schedule for classes the right way, how to navigate college life and what being part of Greek life is truly about. If anyone was the most important part of me learning how to live our values and grow throughout the past years, it's been you. I have been so incredibly lucky to have a woman in my life who is as caring, driven and strong as you to show me that I can be just that too.

Your college years may be coming to a close, but I know you'll always have my back, no matter how far apart we are. I know that I'll be there when you walk down the aisle, and you'll be there for me when I do too. We might not see each other every Sunday for meeting anymore or for our weekly lunch dates, but I know that if I need you, you'll be there in a heartbeat. I know that just because you're going to be an alumna, you'll still come to our events and watch as the rest of us finish this college journey and graduate with love and enthusiasm.

I am so incredibly proud of you and excited for your future. I know you have great things coming, and you'll be amazing at whatever you choose to do. I'm so lucky to have been able to share these past few years with you. Thank you for everything you've done for me. I'll miss you, but I know you're never more than a phone call away.

I love you so much.

XOXO, Your Little.