Letter Best Friend High School
popular

A Heartfelt Letter To The Best Friend Who Means The World To Me

Our friendship is the only true link I can count on, and I'm always grateful for it.

4076
Personal Photo

I will never forget the day we met. It all began outside a restaurant known as Sabri on Devon Street on July 2015. Our dads met casually to hang out with each others family for a cup of coffee as they always do. Little did I know I'd meet an individual that would have an impact on my life until this day! I understand that sounds extremely cheesy, but trust me, it's worse when we scream on top of our lungs because we are so excited.

That was the day I met THE Safa Noor. Ever since that day, Safa and I texted each other every single day. We even hung out the day after we first met. I believed she might have been the coolest white girl there was. She believed I was the coolest brown girl there was, but in fact, we were going crazy about making an out-of-state friend.

One journey to the mall together was enough to develop a friendship that would last forever. Without feeling shy, we could readily speak to each other and even had the same taste in clothes. So early in our friendship, we developed such a distinctive bond. This was uncommon for me, I've always been picky with making new friends but the spark between us was distinct. She automatically became my new best friend, my new younger sister, and my new world.

I was back in Atlanta and far from Chicago a couple of days later, but that didn't prevent us from speaking to each other. We always had a weekly facetime set where we would discuss anything and everything with each other. Nobody would interrupt our calls because they knew that catching up was always essential. After a couple of months, my dad had to take a trip to Chicago to meet a friend and I decided to join so I could hang out with Safa. We went to Chicago for a weekend, and I stayed with Safa while my dad was with his friends. Safa and I made incredible memories going out in the city and really enjoying the moments. To discover the finest sky views, we had car singing along and hopping around Chicago rooftops. It was a weekend that really enabled us to become best friends.

That wasn't all of it. Our parents discovered that we became such close friends that they brought me back to Chicago for a party hosted by their family. Safa introduced me and included me in her group of friends that have now become friends of mine as well. Till this day, all of us talk to one another every single day. A year later, to celebrate her 16th birthday together, I was able to fly to Chicago alone for a weekend. Each hang out was definitely packed with memorable moments and jokes that we never could explain.

I hope this relationship will last forever, and I hope that as we develop together we will create even more memories. I can't wait for Chicago college to be 30 miles away from you instead of 730.

So thank you for being such an incredible effect on me, a great friend and sister, and someone who never gave up on me. Thank you for being my vlogging, singing, Starbucks, school problems, and literally all buddy. We legitly believe and behave the same way. Our friendship is the only true link I can count on, and I'm always grateful for it. Thank you for those easy brief texts that alter a day's mood and make life for every little thing so much better. Thank you for being the reason that I'm always striving for Chicago because there's not only an incredible college but also the world's best individual. Thank you for loving me unconditionally through the good, the bad, and the hideous. Thank you for being, apart from my family, the largest support system. Thank you for encouraging me to try harder than ever because you know I can do more than ever before. Thanks for being so dumb with me and going on crazy adventures when you know it's not the best idea. Thank you so much for being you. You're an amazing person inside and outside. I understand you're insecure and you're always in doubt, but trust me, you're incredible and certainly a beautiful person. Thank you for all the laughter and endless conversations. Finally, I would like to thank you for being my best friend. With all my heart, I love you!

3 years agoRomesa Amiwala