A Letter To Anyone Who Dropped Out Of College

I mean, seriously?

41
Wikimedia

Really?

Okay, here's the breakdown: College is hard, your feelings are valid, and your actions aren't wrong.

Stop letting people tell you that you made the wrong choice and stop laying in bed at night wondering why you couldn't do it. It isn't that you weren't strong enough or smart enough or resilient enough. It's just that it wasn't right for you. Regardless of the reasons for leaving college, your life is going to go on and you are going to make it. There is no life guideline that says "COLLEGE" in big bold letters that equals success.

College is not for everyone and not everyone knows that right off the bat. There are millions of successful people who have left college and made it big. Unless your career depends on your degree, there is no point in stressing and worrying about what comes next because that is up to you. Whatever you decide to do from the moment you drop out is completely and utterly up to what goes on in your life and the decisions that you make.

If you find out that you really need to go back to college at the age of 45, nothing is stopping you. There are plenty of careers that you do not need a degree to obtain. The best things in life come from decisions you make yourself and if you keep spending every waking moment regretting that decision and not living from it, then you aren't doing justice to yourself. Many may judge you, some may even be your family, but at the end of the day, you must live with what you are doing.

Remember that.

"Drop out and live a little. College won't go away, but your life will."- Shayna Swanson