Let's Love Like We Did When We Were Young

A little kindness and love go a long way.

31
Ned Handy

If there is one thing I have learned as an adult, it is that many of us have lost what it means to love--truly love. I think it's time we take back the hearts we once had, and start to love one another without reason or condition like we did when we were young.

Our love wasn't dependent on the color of one's skin or the God that they worshipped. We didn't base our friendships on the policial parties one belonged to or how much money they made. We simply loved others for who they were as human beings.

As we grow older however, our hearts seem to get blinded by these things. We begin to see people for what they are, and not who they are... but why?

There is so much hate in the world, so much fear for anything and anyone different than what we consider ourselves to be. We are all humans, and it's about time we treat each other like it.

Stop the stereotypes.

Stop discriminating.

Stop viewing yourself superior to others.

We knew not to be this way when we were young, but we've seemed to have gotten off track and forgotten. Let's remind one another by being the kind, accepting, loving, and open-minded human beings we were before. Let's make America kind again.