Lets listen to understand

Lets listen to understand

We don't always have to state our opinion on something, you know.

25
Lets listen to understand

There are a lot of controversies out there, and I mean a lot.
In this day in age, people are definitely not scared to state an opinion on something they believe in, and they are definitely not scared to shout it across the room until they're black and blue in the face. Especially with social media, it's amazing how everything is always a conflicting topic, and there is ALWAYS someone having to put their two cents in. We all have thought of at least one person who consistently has made a comment about something or a snarky response, and it needs to stop.
Don't get me wrong, there are some things I believe in and that I am very passionate about. But never have I once looked down on someone who disagreed, or thought was ignorant to a different belief. I believe some things are wrong, and there are some things I think are right. I am very well aware that many people may disagree, and that's okay with me.

I think our main problem as people, is that we stick by with what we believe in and belittle the people who don't match up with our same thoughts. We as people don't take a minute to understand someone else's conflicting belief, we just get defensive and fire back. Right now, everybody has a problem with everybody. Whether it's about Trump and Hilary, or being vegan/vegetarian or being pro life or pro choice or how to raise your child or what you SHOULD be doing. There is too much right and wrong, they are too many people who want to be right and none that are willing to be wrong. But what we really need to be instead, is understanding.

If anyone has ever taken an art class one important thing you learn is to look at your piece far away. Drawing accurately begins with seeing accurately. As an artist learning to draw, you must train your eyes to see accurate proportions within your given subject matter. Which is why you must take a step away to look at the bigger picture. And we as people need to learn to see accurate proportions. To understand the mistakes, to understand the opinions of people, and to understand each other.

We don't have to bash each other on every Facebook post, on every social media. We just need to be a little more understanding of the reasons why people choose to say or do certain things. To learn, and broaden our views on everything. We don't need to agree all the time, but we can listen and disagree with minds instead of our mouths.

So next time you hear someone say they are voting for Trump or Hilary, ask why. Or when someone says they are a vegan, congratulate them on it instead of telling them your favorite food is a filet mignon. Or when a woman says she's pro choice instead of pro life, respect what she has to say about it.

You cannot go through life thinking you are better because you think all your beliefs are correct and your morals are in check. Cause if that was true, then nobody would ever have a different opinion, nobody would be doing any wrong and everybody would all be on the same page.