You Don't Have To Look Put Together All The Time

Drake said it best: "Sweatpants, hair tied, chillin' with no makeup on. That's when you're the prettiest..."

602

It's okay to be young and dumb and, well… not put together!

Whaaattt? I know, it's crazy. I'm here to tell you that you do not need to be put together all the time. In the wise words of a many 90's rom coms: Embrace your inner mess and let loose, girl!

I used to say to my friends all the time that I was worried people would be disappointed when they see me in person because I look so much better on my Instagram. And, like… it's true. Because I look so GOOD on Instagram. But, I would make a conscious effort to always pick out a cute outfit, and make sure that I looked good 24/7, 365 for the sole reason of maybe, possibly being spotted in public. I just couldn't stand the idea of letting down my beautiful fans and devoted followers. It is only until recently that I realized… it's NOT THAT DEEP!

You can look bad sometimes. You can have messy hair and a sub-par outfit on. You can come to class with clothes that don't match and no makeup on. Your beautiful fans and devoted followers will forgive you.

This is because of two reasons:

1. No one actually cares what you look like unless you're at a job interview, gala, or North West's birthday party.

2. If someone doesn't like you based off appearances, then they don't deserve to be in your life!

High-school me is screaming while reading this. Actually, me from like, 4 months ago is also screaming while reading this. The inner soon-to-be bachelor contestant and popstar inside of me wants to say: looks matter! You always have to stunt! How are you ever going to get an invite to the Kardashian Christmas party this year if you go to anatomy while wearing sweatpants!

But, the truth is, you don't have to look good all of the time. Get some extra sleep and then just throw on some clothes before you go to class. Go out to get dessert even though you just took off your makeup for the night. Don't miss out on your life and waste your time obsessing over the trivial things. Pop-off when it comes to your Instagram pictures and your date functions and then let it rest if you want to because no one truly has their life put together, and leggings are so much more comfortable than jeans anyway.