Let All The Little Things Go

Let All The Little Things Go

"Let it go, let it go" -Elsa

59
Let All The Little Things Go

I can be an ice queen from time to time. It's hard not to when you have been burned on multiple occasions. It can be hard to trust and let go of some past resentment. In the spirit of Christmas, I have prayed to God to ask for a forgiving heart. I want to let go of some anger and resentment I have held towards people at school and back at home.

My poor Mama gets to hear about every issue I have at school. I know I can always call her when I am mad or upset. I try not to call my dad to complain too much because I know exactly what he would say...

Let it go, let it go, can't hold it back anymore...

Sometimes I really wish that I didn't make him watch that movie.

The Disney movie, Frozen, was released in 2013 and was an instant hit. The songs are still popular four years later! It truly is a cute movie and I highly recommend it. You just might not want to show it to your dad. He will repay you by singing the song whenever you or your mom are upset over something.

Although it may annoy me, he is so right. Why should I, or anyone, get so bent out of shape over things? Especially at Christmas time. Of course, it's hard to ignore something when it really gets under your skin. Now, I want to take my dad's, or Elsa's, advice, have a little (or big) meltdown, and then go on to the next thing. Let it go and stop worrying about it.

Because face it, most of the things you get upset over, you just can't change. It's out of your power.

A friend isn't pulling their weight? You can't make them do anything.

A professor won't grade things quickly enough? Whining about it won't make them grade faster.

Freaking out because the snow may mess up your plans? Get over it, you aren't God.

Sweating the small stuff will only lead to early wrinkles and a bad time. This Christmas I don't want to be a Grinch. I want to enjoy my time with family, friends, and my wonderful boyfriend. I want to celebrate Jesus' birthday and relax during my month off.

When I try to control things around me, everything just gets messed up. I have learned that when I let go, and let God take over, so many more doors open up for me. I have seen it happen at least three times in my life just this past year.

This past semester I have focused on getting in the Word more. When I started praying to help get rid of my resentment and anger, I started growing more angry at little things. At first I didn't understand and kept questioning God why. I thought by asking for my resentment to dissipate that it wouldn't continue to grow, but it did. I didn't get an answer. I had to come up with it on my own.

That was the whole point.

I prayed for a forgiving heart that can let go of resentment towards friends, and I was tested. Everything worked out for the best and hopefully next time I will let things roll of my back. Not everyone is going to do their best all the time, and most probably won't apologize. But the ones that do, that's when you know God sent you a real friend. Everyone else is just passing through and that's okay.

Let them go, and let go of that resentment.

It's Christmas break and Jesus doesn't have time for hearts full of anger. It's celebration time!