Eight Lessons You Can Learn From Morticia Addams

What can be learned from the spookiest mom to ever grace television?

6487
Drawing Silence

Some may remember the classic television program The Addams Family from the sixties, while others are more familiar with the popular movies based on the show that came in the 90s. Wherever you may remember this family from, you know that they are creepy, kooky, mysterious and spooky (as the theme song makes clear!). Morticia Addams may have been different, but there are many lessons to be learned from her zany character.

1. Looks are not all that counts

Sure, Carolyn Jones, the actress whom played the original Morticia Addams, was drop dead gorgeous. But she proved that a woman not only needs, but can be much more than that. She was constantly working on new hobbies in her spooky mansion, always improving. Beauty and brains!

2. True love exists after all

Morticia and Gomez Addams may have had the best relationship on television. They practically worshiped one another, and Gomez proved time and time again that chivalry is not dead. They taught viewers how to love and love hard!

3. It is important to be the best parent you can be

Morticia was always an understanding mother. She never let her children play with any (large) weapons, had no problem going into Wednesday's school to talk to her teacher about how wrong it is to read books about slaying beloved dragons, and even allowed for the children to destroy their toys. She always was loving and accepting of her eccentric babies, and that will always be important.

4. Sometimes life can be rough, but it doesn't mean you should give up

Sometimes life gives you lemons, or in Morticia's case, stems with roses on top. But you just need to find the solution. If you don't like the way life looks, make it your own. For example, snip the petals off the stem.

5. It is important to make time for your goals, no matter how strange

It's always important to take care of the necessities in life, but sometimes, you have to make time for yourself. Whether it is taking the time to read a book, play a sport or seek out the dark forces, one must always make leisure activities count

6. Always be true to yourself

Wearing black is Morticia's go to look. It might seem strange to others, but she pays no mind. At the end of the day, if you aren't yourself, who are you going to be?

7. You are never too old for the things that you love

So you want to carve a pumpkin or wear a costume, who said that's so wrong? Not Morticia, and no matter what you enjoy, you should always keep on keeping on. Embrace your childish side.

8. Always look at life from your own perspective

Where you see a rain storm, Morticia sees an opportunity. All issues in life could be looked at from this perspective. Don't see a rain cloud as a be all, end all. Try to dance in the rain!