12 Lessons We Can Learn From Mulan

12 Lessons We Can Learn From Mulan

Let's get down to business.

2202
12 Lessons We Can Learn From Mulan
hercampus.com

The movie, "Mulan," is undoubtedly one of the best Disney movies to date. It teaches us so much about confidence, courage and family with incredible animation and catchy songs. "Mulan" is still incredibly relevant today, and teaches us important lessons we didn't always realize were there when we were five. Here are 12 lessons we can learn from "Mulan."

How to come up with a great comeback

Mushu, the king of shade, gave us plenty of clever remarks to keep in our back pocket if we ever need them.

Crickets are lucky

Don't deny it. You know it's true.

Our ancestors are always watching

They always wake up when we need them and they have our best interest at heart. So, if you ever secretly run away from home to protect your father from war, you can count on your ancestors to attempt to send The Great Stone Dragon to protect you.

Makeup is not that easy

Do you remember watching Mulan get her hair and makeup done and it was flawless? No lipstick smudges. No uneven eyeliner wings. It was too perfect. And no matter how satisfying it is to watch, it's also disappointing how impossible it is to achieve.

Whatever was on Mulan's sleeve I need it, because makeup remover doesn't work that good

How? Even three makeup removing wipes doesn't take off that much makeup. And no smudging? I need that sleeve.

We must get down to business to defeat the huns

This will always be relevant.

It's okay to stick it to the man every once in a while

Mulan didn't care how powerful Shang was. He was being unreasonable and ridiculous and like the heroine she is, she wouldn't let herself be walked all over.

Girls can save the day too

Mulan didn't need anyone's kiss to wake her up. She was too busy saving China to fall asleep in the first place. Mulan shows us that no matter the limitations, girls should never be afraid to use their brain, strength and wit.

Family is everything

Despite the arguments and differing opinions family will always be there to love and support you.

Never question how extraordinary you are

Never doubt yourself. Be bold and courageous and remarkable.

The emperor taught us the wisest lesson of all

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Most importantly, be true to your heart

Be yourself and love the reflection you see.