8 Lessons From Hannah Montana

8 Lessons From Hannah Montana

I have been watching an absurd amount of Hannah Montana, so here are some things I have learned.

34
8 Lessons From Hannah Montana

Babysitting this summer was simply my only working option, ya know with this whole pandemic thing happening. While babysitting does not have the same perks that working at a law firm or in a government job would have for my future, it has its own set of perks. For example, the little girl I babysit has a pool. She also has a perspective that I have been missing - those childhood glasses that make everything rainbow and sparkly. She aspires to be a dog walker when she grows up, and she does not understand why we cannot ride bikes all day long (my legs by the end of the summer, y'all better watch out). She also 100% believed me today when I told her that my ex boyfriend's name is Voldemort. She asked if his mom liked Harry Potter. I said oh yeah. What she also has given me is the opportunity to shamelessly watch the icon that is Hannah Montana once again. While I do watch the Hannah Montana Movie often, I have not watched the episodes themselves since I was thriving at Spottsville Elementary. Now that I watch it 5 days a week, let me drop some blonde wig bedazzled knowledge on ya.

Being Yourself Is Ideal

Miley is ALWAYS herself. She gets in pickles, but she is true to who she is. She approaches every situation without thinking about how people will perceive her. I love it.

Having Two Good Friends is More than Enough

Lily and Oliver keep Miley having fun and in light hearted trouble. She isn't the most popular person in her school, but she is content with her two best friends.

Embarrassing Moments are part of Life

It takes so much to embarrass me, but boy when I get embarrass it takes me a few days for it to wear off. Miley just walks it off as soon as it happens, and that is the recovery time I am aiming for.

Being Close with your Family is Fun

She is so close with her family, and it reminds me of mine. I love hanging out with my family, and so does she. Having family to be close with is something I appreciate more than anything, and watching Hannah Montana makes me appreciate it even more.

Not everything is about Relationships

So many seasons and movies yet only a handful of boy drama. She isn't obsessed with the male species, she just lives her life and they're a portion. Another thing I love watching the little girl I babysit soak in.

Forgiveness should be Frequent

Whew this one is hard but Miley makes it simple. The amount of forgiveness that is exchanged within her family and friends is insane. They forgive and they communicate about what bothers them. It's so healthy and heart warming honestly.

Sometimes its okay to be Materialistic

LISTEN! I consciously try to not be materialistic. I love well decorated homes and shoes and perfect outfits. I also feel like a new woman every time I buy something. Hannah/Miley makes shopping fun and simple, and I think that's okay sometimes.

Confidence is Key

The best message for last. She approaches situations with complete confidence. I love this quality in every single human that I have in my life, and I love that I was taught to love this at such a young age. Thanks Hannah.