Four Lessons from "Avatar The Last Airbender"

How a cartoon teaches us important things about life.

82
Tee Public

"Avatar the Last Airbender" is a children's show on Nickelodeon. It has a high reputation for being well-animated, having great characters and to top it off the voice acting is stellar. But what a lot of people do not talk about in terms of this show's quality is the lessons taught to many of the kids in our generation. A story this in depth has a lot to instruct everyone on. It is important to pay attention and listen to what this story has to offer. These are four very important lessons in this influential series.

1. Do Not Run with your spears- Love one another and do your best not to use violence against others. This lesson is important to preach in the world today because a lot of people say or do things to purposefully hurt others and that is just not okay.
  2. Never let a disability get in the way of all your abilities- Toph never let her blindness become an obstacle when learning earth bending. She instead used it to her advantage and invented metal bending.
  3. Seek forgiveness not honor- Take a lesson from Zuko’s book and seek forgiveness instead of your own honor. Forgiveness may be difficult to obtain but if you work hard enough people will see the effort.
  4. Cultures are the variety that spice life- One of the coolest things about Avatar: The Last Airbender is how diverse each world is. This is reflective of how the world is different around us.

"Avatar the Last Airbender" is a show that teaches important lessons to kids of all ages. It has always been my favorite. The characters are well developed, the story is unique for an animated show in this time and age. The lessons taught are ones of extreme importance for people no matter what the age.