Why I Want To Be Like Leslie Knope When I Grow Up

86
Huffingtonpost.com

Despite being a fictional character, Leslie Knope happens to be one of my personal role models. She exemplifies all the qualities of a leader, while simultaneously being a person of ever giving friendship and gratitude. The woman that I have always strived to be is similar to Leslie Knope, and I hope to one pick up the traits she prides herself in having. Leslie Knope teaches young women to be leaders, friends, and advocates for change in times of hardship. While there are many other qualities that could be mentioned within this article, here are just a few...

1. She is A Glorious Female Warrior'

Leslie Knope knows the strength that she carries as a woman, despite whoever has suggested the opposite. As a leader and glorious female warrior she also knows that change does not come from a single person, but through a single person inspiring others for change. Within this leadership role Leslie knows to practice kindness, fairness, and equality to all people in the face of opposition and authority.

2. She Doesn't Take Things Too Seriously

Sometimes life isn't always the easiest. However Leslie approaches difficult situations with purpose and a sense of humor. Through humor she is able to point out the ridiculousness of certain situations and keep moving.

3. She Knows How To Love Herself

Sometimes you need self encouragement... Leslie knows that there is nothing wrong with this. You don't always need someone else to pick you up, sometimes being a strong, independent woman like Leslie is enough. Remembering to take steps to becoming a better you and being employing positivity is important.

4. She Has Her Priorities In Order

"Friends, Waffles, and Work"

5. She Has No Time For The Patriarchy

She never backs down from what she believes in, despite the opposition she might face. Leslie knows that just, because she is a woman, doesn't mean that she is any less capable than I man.

6. She Holds High Ideals

This quote says enough.

7. She Sees The Good In Difficult Situations

While life throughs curveballs and sometimes people can see Leslie as being too involved, Leslie knows that difficult situations can also be a chance to see the good. Leslie tries to keep motivated through the thick and the thin, and only with a positive attitude is it possible to move forward.

8. She's Super Chill All The Time

Well... this is not always true. However everyone has their faults... and if caring too much is one of them, there are larger problems to be solved.

9. She Doesn't Accept Limitations

Leslie puts her foot down in the face of opposition. When told no, she still refuses to give up until an alternative plan is met. Limits are only hurdles to be jumped over.

10. She's Organized And Prepared

Not only does she possess the qualities of being a good friend and leader, she also has the skills to accompany them.

11. She Knows That Girls Rule The World

Queen B or Queen Leslie?

12. She Always Has A Game Plan

When entering into a situation, Leslie is never unprepared. She knows the steps that she needs to take to be successful. Basically Leslie Knope should have been the real star of "The Game Plan", not the Rock.

13. She's Not Here To Play Around

She demands to be taken seriously and isn't afraid of taking risks. Leslie has a tenacity for life and her job, making her the successful woman she is.

14. She's Not A People Pleaser

Never will Leslie Knope ever be a push over.

15. She's Not Afraid To Say What She Feels

She doesn't care what anyone else thinks in comparison to what she thinks is right.