All 19 'Legend Of Zelda' Games Described In One Sentence

10 Reasons Buying A Fitbit Is The Best And Worst Thing That Will Happen To You

Do you even FitBit?
948

We all have or know of someone who has joined the Fitbit craze. They are amazing, are they not? A watch, a step counter, a calorie counter, a sleep tracker and in some models, a heart rate monitor; how awesome is that? They have definitely become a new "trend." I see people all over campus and the gyms wearing them.

After wearing mine nonstop for a couple months, I realized 10 reasons why it was the best and worst decision to purchase one.

1. I find it motivating me to take more steps each day.

It really is motivating. Kind of silly, though, that something as simple as a step counter can actually make you want to take more steps. It definitely inspires me to get up and get moving.

2. On days I do not meet the daily step goal, I feel like a lazy bum.

If I don't reach 10,000 steps, I feel like I've accomplished absolutely nothing. Sometimes, I'll look at the number of steps and seriously question if I ever even stepped out of bed that morning. How can I only have 3,000 steps in a day? Yep, sadly, it's happened to me.

3. When I'm just "so close" to the 10,000 steps, I find myself walking around aimlessly in circles just to reach the daily goal.

Yes, I will admit it, I have a problem. I see 9,000-something and then I become SpongeBob and Patrick.

4. When I do reach 10,000 or higher, I feel embarrassingly accomplished.

Did I run a marathon? Did I run for president? Did I win the lottery? Nope! I just hit 10,000 steps and I feel like I did all three (it's pathetic).

5. Having competitions with friends via the Fitbit app makes you want to do way better.

OK, I will confess... I have cheated. (Sorry, friends.) But when you're beating me by 10 steps, what do you expect!? I am competitive and the FitBit app has only fed my competitiveness by either making me work out longer or cheat (only a little).

6. It makes you realize how good, or in my case, how bad your sleep pattern really is.

It really is awesome how it can track your sleep, I won't deny that. But holy cow, until I bought one, I didn't realize how terribly I slept during the week and how lazy I am during the weekend. Seriously, four hours on weekdays and nine on the weekends—is that normal? Not sure, but at least my Fitbit can track it!

7. I find myself refusing to take it off, even when going out and looking cute.

It is pathetic, I know. But how could I take it off when I am potentially going to get thousands of steps going place to place? Why wear my cute watches or bracelets when I can wear my super cute Fitbit?!?

8. When I go a day without it, I find myself feeling empty.

How will I know how many steps I took? How will I win the competition? What if I hit 10,000 and I don't even know!?

9. It is the easiest way to check the time in class.

You can format it any way you want, but my favorite is so I can click it and it shows the date and time. I can simply click the side button, and there's the time. Sometimes, I find myself clicking it every. Single. Minute. Until class is over.

10. I cannot go anywhere without the charger.

It has become equally as important as my cell phone charger because if it dies, how will I know how many steps I took?