LED Display Rental - Everything You Need to Know

LED

14

A rental LED display can be a great option to up the ante at your next event.

LED screens are the norm now for engaging audiences and generating revenue. However, if you are new to LED screens, the options can be overwhelming.

To help you with the decision we have created this guide on rental LED displays to help you learn everything you need to know.

What is a rental LED display?

LED display rental refers to renting display screens that make use of LED (Light Emitting Diode) technology. In the industry, these screens are more appropriately known as the “LED video wall”. Due to their superior brightness, high color contrast, and energy efficiency, rental LED screens are a standard now. While the LED display is a common term, but “rental LED display” typically refers to screens that are much larger than any device that is used for personal consumption. Usually, a LED display manufacturer makes these giant screens for mass viewing such as at music and sports events.

What type of rental LED display you will need?

Not all LED rental screens are created equal. It is important to know what type of rental LED screen will best fit your requirement.

1. Mobile LED Screens: These are prefabricated screens mounted onto a truck or a trailer. These LED displays are fully assembled which makes them ideal for outdoor events as they offer logistical flexibility and are easy to set up.
  1. Modular LED Displays: Such screens usually measure around 2’ x 2’ and are assembled on-site using trussing equipment. Modular rental LED displays offer custom shape and size, indoor functionality, and look cleaner.
  1. Indoor LED Screens: Individual LED panels that can fit through doorways, indoor LED screens have higher resolutions but are not as durable or brighter as outdoor screens.
  1. Outdoor LED Screens: Brighter, more durable, and highly versatile, outdoor screens are designed for farther away viewing distances and tend to have a lower pixel density.

Understand the technicalities

Now that you know what types of rental LED displays are available, you must also know some technical specifications that a LED display manufacturer provides.

Pixel Pitch: It is the distance between two pixels, measured in millimeters. Also known as pixel density, pixel pitch defines how sharper the image quality will be. The lower the pixel pitch the better will be the image clarity.

Resolution: Denoted as (pixel width) x (pixel height)p, the resolution is a measure of the number of pixels in a display. For example, a 1920x1080p LED display will be 1,920 pixels wide by 1,080 pixels tall. The higher the resolution, the better the quality of the image produced.

Brightness: Rental LED displays have a brightness factor that is measured in nits. Indoor LED displays have a brightness level between 1,000 and 3,000 nits. However, for outdoor displays to be visible in sunlight required brightness is at least 4,500 nits.

IP Rating: IP rating is a standard to measure the resistance of a product against nature’s elements. The IP rating is assigned as a two-digit value where the first number is a measurement of protection from solid objects and the second digit is protection from liquids. For outdoor LED displays required IP rating is at least IP65.

Aspect Ratio: For LED video walls the appropriate aspect ratio is 16:9 or (1.78:1) ratio. As it is the standard aspect ratio for videos and TV content, maintaining this ratio will help you display feeds on screens in the correct ratio.

Do you need an LED outdoor display?

A rental LED screen is appropriate for any event that requires attendee engagement and entertainment. If you are organizing an event that requires daytime viewing you need to have an outdoor LED display. These screens offer high clarity, color contrast, and daytime visibility. Build to withstand heavy rain and wind, these displays are highly durable. Furthermore, you can customize the size and aspect ratio of LED displays.

Also, if you plan to get your message and branding across, there is no better medium. You can also generate high revenue through digital sponsor advertisements.

Rental LED display pricing

Typically, you will be paying daily charges for rental screens. While the pricing depends on the agency renting the display, you can expect to pay anywhere between $3,000-$5,000 for a one-day rental for a 10-12 feet wide LED wall.

As an industry-standard, you can calculate the estimated rental price for LED screens by $40 – $70 per square foot. For instance, a 16’x9′ screen, will cost you (16 x 9 x 40) to (16 x 9 x 70), i.e. $5,760 to $10,080 per day.

Conclusion

Rental LED displays offer a great solution for outdoor events. They are appropriate for daytime viewing, mass viewing, and concerts. You can easily enhance the event experience by using LED screens. You know everything about LED display rentals there is to know, now you can go out and pick the right option easily.