12 Lecture Hall Struggles All Colleges Students Understand And Despise

The most awkward part of college classes

105
YouTube

I don’t think anyone really likes lecture halls. Honestly, there’s not much to like. Colleges, however, love lecture halls and it’s not hard to see why. If you can fit over 300 people into a room and teach them all at once, why not go for it? Here are 12 lecture hall struggles that all college students, past or present, will definitely relate to.

1. Getting to class late and all the easy-access seats are taken

This is probably the worst part of the lecture hall experience and it’s pretty safe to say that we’ve all been in this spot. It makes an already awkward situation even worse, especially when you trip over the people letting you into their row.

2. The feeling when someone sits in your unassigned seat

Once the shock wears off, you’ll probably take someone else’s seat, but that’s just how it goes.

3. When someone has to walk past you after you’ve already sat down

It’s not too bad when you can just stand up and clear the aisle but if someone is coming in during the middle of class and you can barely move, it’s one of the worst experiences.

4. Waiting outside of a lecture hall before class

Basically, we all just look miserable staring at our phones until the class inside is done.

5. When the mic isn’t working

You can probably hear about 40% of the lecture, which makes your life an even hotter mess.

6. Having to fight for a seat on an exam day

Exam day is basically the Hunger Games. If you don’t show up early, you are going to be stuck in the middle of the row, hitting people with your backpack when you get up to turn in your exam.

7. When the PowerPoint text is just too small

Squinting hurts and your notes look like trash.

8. Trying make sure no one sits next to you

Casually putting your backpack on the seat next to you and spreading out all your stuff… sound familiar?

9. When someone’s phone goes off (and they take forever to shut it off)

Are you in a lecture hall if this doesn’t happen at least every three classes?

10. When the AC is broken

It’s basically a boiling pot of miserable college students, sweating to death.

11. When the people behind/in front of you won’t stop talking

Nuff said.

12. The mad dash to get out after class

People bumping into people, trying to avoid the people coming in and hoping you don’t accidentally elbow someone in the ribs.