To The Little Sister I Love And Miss
Parents

To The Little Sister I Miss Every Time I Leave For College

Enough love to make any grown woman cry.

306
Personal Photo

Hey Honey,

I have to leave again and I know you're a little mad at me for leaving, but know that I love you with my whole heart and if I could pack you up and take you with me, I would.

College is fun and exciting and full of adventure, but it's not quite so full as loving you.

When I'm away from you, I both worry and miss you. When I'm going to my 8 a.m. I'm thinking about how you had to wake up even an hour earlier than I did to get on the bus and go to school.

I imagine you walking the halls and talking to friends and being excited about new things. I also worry about you feeling sad and insecure as you traverse the scary worlds of middle school and high school and I wish more than anything that I could be there as soon as you get home to hug you and ask you about your day, but I can't.

If I could, I'd sit down on the couch with you, with your legs swung across my lap and throw memes back and forth with you via text while I stare at you to see your reaction to my lame sense of humor.

If I could, I'd sneak you up to my room after your bedtime to binge watch movies with you until I feel too guilty about disobeying Mom and Dad. Then I'd either lovingly send you back to your room or let you sleep on the bed next to me, usually on my side, using my favorite pillow and fuzzy blanket.

I want you to know that everyday when I'm walking to classes and I have free time for my own thoughts I fill them with thoughts of spending time with you.

College was a choice and I love it, but everyday is a sacrifice to be away from you and all of our family.

There is nothing more special to me than the bonds I have with family. The sweetness of our relationship between older sibling and little sister is an experience in life that gives me the greatest joy. Please know that when I am off and away that I love you, Honey, and I'll be missing you.