Leave That Legacy

Leave That Legacy

Leave you mark on the world, do good, make a difference

40
https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2018/02/03/6365325769130601681310268190_shakespeare-quotes-about-honesty-william-shakespeare-quote-no-legacy-is-so-rich-as-honesty-5-1.jpg

I am a forward thinker, which this is not always good. I think far too much about the future rather than just being in the present moment. I often think about the legacy that I want to leave and how it compares to the legacy I am leaving through the life I am currently living. As long as it doesn´t consume your life, I think we should think about the legacy we want to be leaving and strive to meet that. Just don’t dwell on it. Today I am going to give you a look into the legacy I want to leave and the legacy that I think I am leaving because of how I am living. I am going to challenge you to do the same thing.

Obviously I want to leave a positive legacy, I want to make a difference in this world and inspire others to do the same thing. I also want to leave a legacy everywhere I go-- one that is remembered before I am dead. Part of that revolves around education. I want the next generation to know that education is important, that it’s not only a right but a privilege to get a quality education that can lead to all the possibilities in the world. I want the kids that I teach to say that they love to learn because of me. That might sound selfish or farfetched but it’s one of my deepest desires. I also want to leave a legacy of kindness. I want to leave the people I encounter happier than before I met them. I got that from Mother Theresa.

I think that if I am honest, I just want to be known as a good person, but don’t we all. When I look at my life and the way I am living currently, I don’t think I am quite leaving the legacy that I want to yet. I still get snappy with people and I am not as kind as I want to be. However, I hope I might be making a positive impact in the education world. Through this season in my life, I am making students realize that education is fun and can really change your life for the better if you take it seriously and allow it to.

I want you to take the time to think about the legacy you want leave and the legacy that you are currently living. If you are not living the life you want take the steps to change it. That is what I am currently doing. I am trying to better myself so I am leaving the footprint on the world that I want to leave instead of a negative foot print. Do the world a favor and think about your legacy and make sure that it’s a positive one. You won’t regret it.