Learning To Trust God's Plan

Learning To Trust God's Plan

It isn't aways easy.

248
Learning To Trust God's Plan
Instagram

Do you ever have those moments where you honestly have no idea what God is doing in your life? If you answered no you probably aren’t human. It is okay to doubt and to wonder. In our confusion, God shows us His sovereignty. He knows how it will affect us, but He also knows what will happen in the long run as a result of our circumstances.

I had something happen recently that I felt certain was from God. It was something many prayers had been sent up for and many times I had sincerely gone to God on this matter. Pleading, hoping, pouring out my heart. All at once, it seemed this prayer had been answered. I was thrilled. Overjoyed. Blissful.

In a moment the prayer was answered, and in a moment, it was taken away. This thing I had prayed over and earnestly longed for was suddenly gone. In a moment, I felt God was telling me no, that was not what He had in store for me. I feel certain that He allowed it to happen to show me important things about myself.

However, it was still hard. Having something you’ve longed for for so long placed in your life, then having to remove it, not because you necessarily want to, but because God tells you to. It hurts. It is not easy.

It wasn’t easy for Jesus to die on the cross. It wasn’t a comfortable decision for God to send His only Son. But they did it anyway. Despite the pain, the suffering, and the abandonment, God sent Jesus, and Jesus died that horrible death for us. How can my small hurts ever compare to that? How can a disappointment in this life ever compare to the pain of the cross and the beauty of Heaven?

Heres the beautiful thing: Jesus’ death on the cross doesn’t mean that we will not feel pain or disappointment. His death on the cross signifies we won’t go through it alone. He knows what we are feeling because He felt it too, on a much larger scale.

The very next day, God made it so incredibly clear to me that I had heard Him right. He knew that there would be doubt so He reaffirmed what I had to do.

I don’t know where you are in your walk with Christ. I don’t know if you’re doing great, or going through a storm. What I do know is that through it all, God will never leave you. He puts obstacles in our paths to make us stronger and to grow us for His glory and kingdom.

If it seems like God is distant, or doesn’t care, please, believe me, He is right there, and He does care. He is orchestrating every part of our lives. He is behind the scenes loving us and guiding us. He walks with us so that even in the darkest valley there will be light. Look for the light, seek it out, and use it to make yours brighter.

Whatever God asks you to do, trust in His will and persevere. He may or may not reaffirm it, but He will be right there with you. When the tears fall, He is hurting with you. When you are overjoyed He feels the excitement because He put that emotion in you. When you need to be held, run to His arms and let Him love you.