It's All A Learning Process

It's All A Learning Process

Sometimes the hardest things in life can show you the best things.

16
It's All A Learning Process
Fine Art America

As I think of myself just a year ago, I think of someone who was a little on the wild side and I watched as my relationship with Jesus Christ was pushed to the side for those Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights in the bar. Unfortunately, I let alcohol take me places I should've never been, resulting in me getting into a wreck November 14, 2015. I was very blessed that I survived flipping in an ATV twice with just a burn on my arm and some bruising inside of my chest. In the midst of laying on the ground, I heard God speak to me.

The next few months were a learning process for me. Going home over Christmas break I became extremely depressed due to many things which resulted in me leaning on God, my family and two of my best friends Cyler Frost and Robin Hicks. They showed me things that helped me through that month and made me realize that I needed to focus on God or things would not get better.

Coming back from that break I attended something called "Noon Lunch" with Robin and Cyler almost every week that I could. Those were the moments when I realized that God was working through me. He sent two friends to help guide me to other people who helped me along the way. Robin spoke with me about something called Discipleship and told me to pray about it as she prayed too. I was paired with an amazing servant Leader named Lauren and let me tell you, this girl is full of Gods love and helped through so much of my pain, hurt and helped me let go of all the negative things I was holding in. I spent the last part of the spring semester with Lauren and when summer was arriving she partnered me with Megan.

I was very blessed with this woman because she has helped through the summer and is still holding me to be strong over this Fall semester.

Megan encouraged me to attend things including Circle T and 402 plus continue to attend noon lunch. After attending my first 402 worship I was absolutely in love and amazed with Gods love that fills the BSM on the day anyone is in there. I attended Circle T for the first time which helped me encourage other Ag majors to show their love for God on a fine Tuesday evening. Even though I have attended noon lunches since last semester I just feel so much more love in their everytime I attend and get some good food. I have honestly been so blessed with these opportunities that God, the Baptist Student Ministries, my family, and friends have given me.

If I could give you any advice after you reading this it would be if God is talking to you please listen.

My love for Tarleton has grown due to the people involved with the BSM and the CCEC. I can honestly say my cup runneth over.