5 Things I Learned From Rescuing An Animal

It could change your life.

103
Jasmine Aleman

Rescuing animals can be the best thing that ever happens in someone's life. Here are five things I have learned from my rescue animal.

1. Love others unconditionally

Anyone who has rescued a cat, dog, rabbit, etc. knows the love they show for you is genuine. They love you unconditionally and will continue to for as long as you have them. They taught me to love others the same way.

2. Be grateful to the ones that love you

Rescue animals seem to have a different kind of gratuity for their owners. They know that you chose them and are forever grateful for that. They show their gratuity in multiple ways, whether that is bringing you the rat that you really didn’t want, or shedding all over your black clothes. They are grateful for you and always will be. They remind me to be grateful for the ones that love and care for me.

3. Care for others like you want to be cared for

Of course owning an animal comes with responsibilities, but rescue animals care for you too. They know when you are sad or crying. They know when you are happy. No matter the emotion, they are always by your side. If we all cared for each other like a rescue cares for their owner, there would be no hate in the world.

4. To think of someone other than myself

Sometimes as humans, we seem to put ourselves above everyone else. Rescuing an animal gave me the opportunity to care for someone other than me. It gave me a new insight on the needs of others physically and emotionally

5. Express yourself

These animals defiantly have a personality of their own. They can be as sassy as a 13-year-old or they can be as grumpy as an old man. They express themselves freely. They do not have pressures from society. They remind me to be myself and to not care what anyone else thought about me.

There is no doubt in my mind that rescuing my cat was the best thing I have ever done. I learned these 5 points from my rescue and have become a better person because of them. Rescue an animal. It could change not only their lives, but yours also.