Learn ​How To Use Gypsy Cards In 5 Steps

There's really no better time to learn how to predict the future.

505
Jaqueline Macou

Currently, our lives are at the mercy of a global pandemic. Most of the time, it seems like we have nothing to do but stay inside and watch TikToks. But we can also develop some fun new skills and party tricks. One of mine has been using the Gypsy cards that I bought a few years ago. Similar to tarot cards, Gypsy cards can be used to "predict the future."

While I know that few people truly believe they work, I've had some fair success with them. And on top of that, they're just fun to use. So, if you're looking to have questions answered, predict the future, or simply have some more fun in quarantine, let me teach you how to use them.

Get a pack of Gypsy cards

You can order these off of Amazon or pick up a pack from bookstores like 2nd & Charles (where I bought mine). And if you're not feeling the 15-dollar investment, you can use them online at gypsy-cards.net. However, I highly recommend purchasing them because you can do so much more with a physical pack.

Learn what the cards mean

The Card Geek

You should, at least vaguely, learn the meanings of the Gypsy cards before you use them. While nowhere near as complicated as tarot cards, Gypsy cards need to be learned and understood before you can use them effectively.

Each card has a number of similar meanings, but they are able to be interpreted countless ways, depending on how you are using the card. For example, "Money," the above card, is obviously about money. It can mean that you will get a lot of money, spend a lot of money, be robbed, find money on the ground, get a promotion or laid off -- the options are endless, as long as they somehow are centered around a significant amount of money. The exact meaning of this card, when you actually draw it from the deck, depends on the question you asked, what other cards you drew, and if it is facing up or down. You can use gypsy-cards.net to learn basic meanings of each specific card.

Practice your card reading

Before you can perform accurate readings for yourself or others, you need to learn how you, personally, work with the cards.

For me, it took about one week for me to get a feel of interpreting my readings. I learned this by asking the same question every morning: "What does the universe have in store for me today?" After I asked this, I would shuffle my cards until they felt right, and then pull one card from my deck. I then wrote in a journal what I thought the card that I drew meant that day. Then, every night, I would journal again about the card, figuring out what parts of my original prediction were true, and what parts of the day, that corresponded with my card, that I failed to predict. This method helped me discover the correct way for me to understand my Gypsy cards.

Get fancy with your own readings

Now that you understand how to read your Gypsy cards, you can do so much with them. You can begin asking any question before you shuffle, using multiple cards to make predictions, using different layouts to help you make predictions, etc.

Do readings for others

Now that you're an amateur Gypsy card reader, you can predict family and friend's fortunes. It will be an awesome party trick, once we can have parties again.

From Your Site Articles
Related Articles Around the Web