4 Reasons To Pursue A Leadership Position In Your Sorority

By far, it has been on of the best experiences I've had.

2931
Madison Riggle

Being in a sorority gives you a plethora of opportunities to grow and thrive. It shapes you into the woman of tomorrow, surrounding you with women who are going to support you through your best and worst of times. Many opportunities may come and go, but the one I'm most grateful for is having a leadership position in my sorority. While it may be stressful, by far it has been one of the best experiences I've had in my sorority.

1. Your sense of pride grows

Since becoming a leader in my chapter, I have a greater sense of pride. Not that I wasn't proud before, but I see behind the scenes of my sorority and I now realize how hard my executive board and other directors work to make our college years the best experience possible.

2. The personal growth

You definitely see yourself grow in any leadership position, but doing it in college makes you ready for the real world. You learn to be a problem-solver and work with other people. You learn quickly make the most of each situation. You challenge and push yourself to do better.

3. The support

Gratefully, I work with amazing directors and with an amazing executive board who supported me throughout the semester. Without them, everything I did wouldn't have been possible.

4. When all is said and done, it's the best experience you could have asked for.

I'll never forget the moments when I was stressing out over events and working impossibly hard with vendors to make these events as amazing as possible for my sisters. What I'll truly never forget is being at these events and seeing my sisters have fun. All the stress and hard work had been worth it. To see my sisters smiling, dancing, and laughing took all the weight off my shoulders and proved to me why I was doing this. I thought about all the challenges I faced, all the times I thought my position was too much, all the times I cried, all the times I considered quitting, and I was so glad I didn't. Giving up, hands down, would have been one of my biggest regrets in life.

Seize every opportunity you can. Don't give up when it's hard. As much as you try to control the situation, not everything will go perfectly. There will be issues and difficult decisions, but at the end of the day, being a leader in a sorority is worth it. Every moment is worth it.