The Final Season Of 'Game Of Thrones' Just Wasn't That Good

Sorry, But The Final Season Of 'Game Of Thrones' Just Isn't That Good

Each character has their own plot and developments, but how they dealt with Jaime Lannister in "The Bells" didn't sit well with me.

plalo288
plalo288
12

SPOILER WARNING: This article contains spoilers for "Game of Thrones"

The writers of "Game of Thrones" do an amazing job developing characters and making them extremely likable to the viewers. One episode you can hate their guts and in the next episode, you'll catch yourself rooting for them. Each character has their own plot and developments, but how they dealt with Jaime Lannister in "The Bells" didn't sit well with me.

If you're an avid fan of the show, you'll know how far Jaime has come. At first, he was the antagonist and I hated him. He was set up to be the "perfect" guy who could do no wrong, but in reality, he's just one big wrong. The writers did an amazing job developing his character by showing his struggles and how they've humbled him to be a better person. I realized that his pompous attitude was just a facade for all the trauma he's been through. He seemed to be on the path to redeeming himself, but then he threw it all away season eight.

At the beginning of the season, he was still on his path of redemption. He kept his promise to protect the living and defend them from the Night King even when Cersei backed out. He was able to explain himself to the people of the North why he killed the Mad King and that he was justified. Brienne was even able to help him out and I was rooting for the two of them to end up together. Jaime and Brienne finally were able to express their feelings for each other, but that's when things turned sour. Jaime decided to go back to Cersei even though he seemed to be free from her grasps.

I was so livid that Jaime threw away all his character development just to go back to Cersei. Some people thought that he was going back to kill her and end this whole war for the throne, which gave me hope for his character development, but that isn't how it transpired. Jaime went crawling back to Cersei and died with her. Although it was poetic that they came and left the world together, I felt that wasn't the best end for him. He moved away from being Cersei's pawn and him just going back to her didn't feel right. It felt like a waste of a great character development plot. I felt like their ending felt rushed. Although people have varying opinions, I just feel that Jaime's character deserved better.