14 Last Minute Valentine's Day Gifts Your S.O. Will Love

If they love you, they're not going to care if you didn't get them some expensive diamond necklace or Rolex watch; they just want you.

360326

Let me preface this by saying I am not a bad girlfriend.

I am simply a forgetful one.

In my defense, we are in the middle of a global pandemic and all the days just kind of blend together. So now here I am, with a little over a week until Valentine's Day with absolutely no idea what to give my boyfriend. Unfortunately, I am a very forgetful person, so this has happened every Valentine's Day in which I had someone to give a gift to.

I'm sure I can't be the only person in this situation, and with the state of everything we don't even have Amazon as a reliable source of presents right now. So, for everyone else struggling, here are 14 (somewhat) last minute gifts to give your significant other this Valentine's Day.

1. A playlist

Depending on how laidback your relationship is, a playlist alone would be a perfect gift. It's a whole list of songs that remind you of them, or maybe it's even got songs they introduced you to. Share the playlist or make it collaborative so that the two of you can see how your relationship grows through music.

2. A handwritten letter

It doesn't matter what you think of your writing skills, chances are if you give someone a handwritten letter, they will cry. It doesn't have to be a long and dramatic declaration of love, just something cute to let your S.O. know you're thinking of them. Go all out with it if you want: decorate it, color on it, and maybe put some cute stickers inside to go with it.

3. "Open when" letters

If you're really into the letter idea, you'll love this one. I've written "open when" letters for friends and it is a fantastic way to let them know you love them. The premise is you write a few short letters with different themes, and on the envelop you tell the other person when to open each letter. ("open when you get these", "open when you miss me", "open when you're stressed," etc.)

4. A poem

Can you tell I like to write?? Again, regardless of your writing skills, a poem is a sure way to melt someone's heart. Just be honest and put your feelings on paper. If you're really stuck, there's always formats you can follow, like simply rhymes or typing the poem to make a shape (like a heart).

5. Making dinner together

This one is great because not only do you spend time with each other, but dinner is included. Make an evening of it and go to the grocery store with a recipe in mind, come home and make it and eat it. Boom. Valentine's Day is a success.

6. Homemade dessert

Maybe making dinner isn't your thing! Instead, try baking something for your significant other. Either bake your specialty if you bake often, or bake something you know they'll like!

7. A baking/cooking lesson

So obviously, you are a super amazing, independent human being who can make four course meals at the drop of a hat, right? If that is the case, then taking the evening to teach your significant other how to make your (or their!) favorite dish or dessert. It is a great way to spend time with them, and you also get food in the process.

8. Rocks

Okay, hear me out on this. Whether or not your significant other is obsessed with astrology and crystals and all things cool and witchy, you cannot deny that crystals are the prettiest things you've ever seen. And if that's what they're into, all the better! Get them a crystal they don't have or some rose quartz because that one means love, I think. (I'm not sure, I just think it looks pretty.)

9. Something they've said they needed

This one is definitely more practical, but who said practical isn't romantic?? If your significant other has been complaining about buying a replacement of something or needing a household item, go buy it for them. Not only will it show you care, but more importantly, it will show you listen.

10. Something they've said they want

Again, there's nothing wrong with buying your S.O. something they've been dropping hints about wanting. (They've been dropping hints for a reason!) So if your girlfriend has been talking about a locket she saw on small business TikTok that's only $25 and she even has email notifications on for when it comes back in stock maybe...I don't know...you can buy it.

11. A handmade card

A bit similar to the letter, but here you can show off your art skills a bit more. For Christmas this past year, I made all my friends watercolor Christmas cards and I wrote a little note in them. It's not a difficult thing to make, but it's personable and intimate and absolutely adorable.

12. Handmade art

If you're really artsy, don't even think about buying your S.O. a gift from the store. Go to town and make something for them! A clay vase or pot if they like plants, a clay jewelry tray if they use rings or earrings, a little painting to decorate their wall, or even a little painting of the two of you. Get creative and know that no matter what you make, they will love it.

13. Have a PowerPoint night

A date can be a gift, I think, especially if you get creative with it. Maybe make Valentine's Day evening a PowerPoint night, where you give presentations of what you love about your S.O., favorite memories with them, or even a slideshow of all the gifts you were considering to give them before you settled on a PowerPoint.

14. Anything that TikTok suggests

I'll admit that while it took me a while to warm up to the app, I instantly became obsessed with the self named "Gift Tok". Honestly, just type in Valentine's Day into the TikTok search bar and lose yourselves for hours with all the possibilities.

Honestly, there's no need to stress about Valentine's Day. Essentially it's just another day you get to spend with someone you love. And if they love you, they're not going to care if you didn't get them some expensive diamond necklace or Rolex watch, they just want you. So hopefully these ideas help (both you and me) and you have a great Valentine's Day!