33 Last-Minute Halloween Costumes For Procrastinators Everywhere

Spooky season ends in under a week.

23

Like most people out there, I don't start thinking about my Halloween costume for the year until early October. And maybe not even then. There have been years when I've waited until nearly the last minute to figure out what I'm going to be. There are years when I go all out and there are years when I decide to tone it down a bit.

If you're like me and you've put off thinking about or planning your Halloween costume with just under a week until October 31st, then you've come to the right place to find last-minute Halloween costume ideas.

1. A ghost

For those of you who have an abundance of cheesecloth laying around, this idea is a no-brainer.

2. Minnie Mouse

For DIYers out there or those looking for a simple costume, Minnie Mouse might be the way to go.

3. Ice-cream sprinkles

All it takes is one trip to the dollar store.

4. A super-quilter

I can't take credit for the name, but if you're a quilting enthusiast then this is just the costume for you.

5. A spider costume for crochet pros

Another costume up the alley of any quilting or crocheting fan, this simple idea will instantly transform any outfit into a costume.

6. A customizable 'raining men' inspired costume

Got a crush on a celeb? Then what better way to showcase it than with a costume inspired by 'raining men'.

7. An homage to Marie Curie

For the scientists or science enthusiasts out there, why not dress up like Marie Curie? It might take a trip to the dollar store but it's a simple costume at the end of the day.

8. Beyoncé in "Hold Up"

If you've got a yellow dress and a baseball bat lying around, say hello to your Halloween costume.

9. Queen of Hearts

Although it's only a headpiece and not a full costume, you're sure to wow your friends with your crafting skills.

10. A fairy

If you're a Ren Faire enthusiast and like to dress up as a fairy, then you're in luck. This is the simplest Halloween costume you could ask for.

11. A hippie for a 70s throwback look

All you need is a pair of round sunglasses, a flower crown, a vest and tank top, and some sunflowers from your local grocery store, or fake ones from the Dollar Store.

12. The black swan

Throw on an LBD, and grab some eyeliner, eyeshadow, and lipstick to recreate this simple look.

13. The entire galaxy

Battery operated Christmas or fairy lights plus a tulle skirt means you're in business.

14. A pinup throwback to the 50s

You may have to go to the Dollar Store for a handful of items, but there's nothing simpler than dressing as a pinup girl from the 50s.

15. Snow White

Probably the simplest Disney princess look to recreate, especially for those with darker hair.

16. A pineapple reminiscent of the summer months

What better way to remind people of the summer than with a tropical fruit costume in bright colors? Nothing. A little DIY and you'll be set to be a pineapple for Halloween this year.

17. A Greek goddess

Most of us have an extra bedsheet laying around so why not make it into a simple costume? A few gold accessories take this costume to its fullest potential.

18. Chip on your shoulder

The best part about this costume is that you can wear anything and it's a simple DIY using yellow construction paper that you crinkle into your favorite chip shape, and then secure it to whatever you wear.

19. A group costume idea: animals

If you need a costume for a group of friends, then a quick trip to the Dollar Store or Michael's will have you all looking like woodland creatures.

20. DIY BB-8 Droid

There's nothing cuter than BB-8 and with a little DIY with household items, the look could be yours.

21. The bestie emoji for you and your bestie

If you're looking for a costume for you and one other friend, then simply dress in matching outfits, make some custom bows and bam, you're now the bestie emoji.

22. La Croix, if La Croix is life

It isn't for me, but a lot of my friends love the drink. Given you've still got time to pull together a DIY costume, consider going as your favorite beverage.

23. A scarecrow that's more cute than scary

I'm sure you've got a plaid shirt laying around somewhere to create this incredibly simple Halloween costume.

24. Cookie Monster

What better excuse to eat all the cookies on Halloween? A simple DIY for which you'll get brownie points at the bar if you share your cookies.

25. Rosie Riveter

A Canadian tux plus a bandana and a strong attitude are all you need to complete this look.

26. The Wicked Witch

Grab some green face/body paint, a black coat, a broom and you've got yourself a costume.

27. Your favorite flavor of White Claw

If you've got the DIY chops and/or are a die-hard fan of White Claw, then this costume is right up your alley.

28. Smarty Pants

All you need is a pack of Smarties and some double-sided tape or glue dots and you've got yourself a simple pun for a costume.

29. A couple's Pantone costume

If you and your S.O. have colorful, hopefully, complementary colored getups, then slap a Pantone label on them and call it a day.

30. An error message

If you're really not into the Halloween spirit this year, then this costume is perfect.

31. She sells seashells inspired costume

If you've spent some time collecting seashells, then put them to good use in this costume.

32. Bachelor or Bachelorette inspired costumes

A fancy dress like your prom dress and a red rose is the simplest way to look like a contestant on The Bachelor. If you've got a SO to go with, they can dress up in a suit and look like a contestant on The Bachelorette.

33. The pink shirt emoji

There's nothing simpler than putting a pink shirt on and walking around with your hand in the same position.

Happy Halloween!